Leading Research Company
The Controlling & Accounting Manager role will report directly to the Country Controller. This position will have responsibility for statutory and fiscal reporting and working with the Country Controller to ensure local compliance and controls are in place. The role requires excellent financial and accounting skills, experience in dealing with regulatory bodies and managing an accounting team or individual or working with a shared service centre
- Working with the Country Controller to harmonise financial and administrative procedures, policies and processes across the brand.
- Support the Country Controller to ensure the accurate and timely compliance with all fiscal and statutory reporting requirements for the brand including our accounting policies and local market regulatory requirements
- Assist the Country Controller and the Business Partner to review working capital/cash management position
- Support the Country Controller to manage the relationship with local fiscal and regulatory bodies and review monthly, quarterly, annual returns for accuracy and completeness
- Working with the Country Controller to ensure an appropriate controls environment is in place working (where applicable, alongside the relevant shared service centre and IT division) and monitor and report compliance with it (including compliance with SOX)
- Support the Country Controller to manage interactions with auditors and oversees audit compliance activities and statutory accounts sign-off
- Oversee posting of judgemental period-end accruals and adjustments and ensure compliance with policy and accepted accounting standards including liaison with the Finance Business Partners or other business stakeholders on these where applicable
- Oversee production of financial information and analysis at month-end to enable business stakeholders working with their Finance Business Partners to make decisions with full understanding of the financial impacts they will have
- Support the Country Controller in review P&L and B/S, including review and approve all account reconciliations and bank reconciliations
- Project Management on ERP system enhancement and the sub-module implementation.
- Chase accrued revenue in conjunction with Business Partners
- Extract net working capital reports and analyse accordingly including follow up of accrued and deferred balances with Business Partners
- Legal Review on the client and vendor contract and advice the recommendation to the management if any gap to the company policy and rule.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial management and accounting
- High integrity and confidence to be able to call out poor or inappropriate behaviours
- Excellent analytical skills and financial acumen
- Ability to identify major risks and work collaboratively with management teams to develop plans to mitigate those risks
- Track record of working with regulatory bodies and managing statutory and regulatory compliance
- Accountable, delivers on promises and follows through on commitments even in challenging circumstances
- Track record of working in uncertain and ambiguous situations
- 10 years+ of experience in a Financial Accountant/ Finance Manager
- Fully qualified accountant
- Degree level education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English
- Operated in complex matrix environment of similar size and scale and able to inspire confidence at the centre whilst working collaboratively with the local business to help them be successful in the market
- Experience of working in a similar industry or a project/contract based organisation
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.