Renewable Energy Company
The Construction Manager will coordinate and supervise several projects in construction in all aspects of civil works, mechanical installation, cable and equipment installation and all other construction related activities. This role will be based in Tokyo with frequent domestic travel to our various construction sites.
We offer the successful candidate a challenging and varied position with the rapidly growing PV industry along with on-the-job knowledge transfer through highly experienced Japanese and international colleagues.
- Review civil and mechanical design and method statements prior to release for construction
- Review construction plan and schedules
- Supervise on-site design related studies (geotechnical reports, seismic studies, boring tests, etc.)
- Coordinate site activities with the EPC contractor and attend relevant on-site meetings
- Check and report on site progress
- Ensure that all work conducted on-site complies with Japanese standards and regulations
- Ensure construction quality and compliance with design drawings
- Review environmental, health, and safety standards and coordinate with the EPC contractor when improvements are required
- Check the quality of the installation and implementation of reasonable quality control measures by the EPC contractor
- Supervise the site project progress and implement acceleration measures as required
- Recommend resolutions to management for disputes between the owner and EPC contractor
- Provide weekly and monthly project progress updates and reports
- Coordinate activities with the Project Manager and Head of Engineering and Construction
- Prepare inspection and due diligence reports
- Coordinate with consultants as well as internal and external stakeholder
- Manage timely completion of assigned tasks and follow company document control procedures
- Technical degree, ideally in civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering
- Construction management experience, ideally as a site construction manager or supervisor, and preferably in the solar or a related industry
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong understanding of time scheduling and progress control
- Successful track record of negotiating with and managing external parties
- Proactive relationship builder with an open and honest communication style
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts in English
- Willingness to travel frequently within Japan and occasionally internationally
- Fluent to Native level Japanese and Business-level English
- Familiarity with solar PV plant design
- Familiar with time scheduling software programs
- Successful track record of working in international teams
- Skilled at creating and delivering professional reports and presentations
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.