Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
True business partner who drives sustainable, profitable growth for the company and our Customers, through:
- Provision of Financial Leadership and strong Analytics to the Commercial Team
- Solid understanding of internal commitments and the external environment, identifying gaps and proposing sustainable solutions
- Leading a Return on Investment mindset - spending our Budgeted Commercial Investment smarter
- Ensuring appropriate Financial Control, particularly relating to Sales Recognition and Gross to Net investments (trade spend)
- Establishing a Finance to Finance relationship with key Customers
＜Principal Duties and Responsibilities＞
- Understand the business strategy and provide highly relevant insights into business performance.
- Act as a key stakeholder in the decision making process through the provision of risk-adjusted financial information and analysis.
- Challenge the assumptions to the Commercial Team to effective and reliable customer planning
- Ensure solid understanding of internal commitments and the external environment, identifying gaps, risks and opportunities and proposing sustainable solutions
- Establish a Finance-to-Finance relationship with trade partners (i.e. customers)
Financial Leadership and Analysis
- Lead Commercial Finance tasks within the Customer Development Team, by reviewing & challenging Net Sales estimates and assumptions, providing Gross-to-Net guidance on activities and preparing P&Ls when needed
- Support Customer Negotiations, by building simulation scenarios and proactively proposing ideas or alternatives.
- Actively participate in the Selling Price Increases tasks, by challenging existing pricing structure to drive sustainable profitability growth
- Lead the "Return On Investment" mindset: "spending our Commercial Investment smarter"
- Provide action-oriented reporting to the Commercial and Leadership Teams
Financial Planning / Budgeting
- Assist with Annual Budget and Estimate preparation, in particular with volume, product mix, Pricing, Gross-to-Net and Net Sales assumptions
- Provide analytics to support business reviews
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), particularly relating to revenue recognition and Gross-to-Net investments
- Ensure implementation of audit recommendations from internal and external audit
Complete project work as assigned
Increase the financial acumen of the Commercial Team through training and on the job experience
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions
- Bachelor's Degree (BS - Business/Finance) - MBA/CPA preferred
- Commercial Finance Experience (5+ years - preferable 7-10 years) and people management experience (3+ years)
- Demonstrated ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Have a detailed understanding of financial analysis and business analysis processes.
- Have a detailed understanding of financial disciplines and knowledge of the US / Japan GAAP
- Have experience from a multinational company - FMCG preferred
- Systems Experience (SAP Preferred)
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office) including advanced Excel - and Google Sheets prefered
- Demonstrated strong oral / written communications skills in Japanese and English including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capability of handling multiple project assignments simultaneously
- Problem solving skills
- Strong strategic / analytical skills
完全週休二日制（年間休日125日） 有給休暇 メーデー（5月1日） 夏季休暇など