Japanese Pharmaceutical Company
The Commercial Data Steward will support Japan's Business Units ample Commercial data management needs. The person will understand in depth the existing data structures and DWH and maximize its usage in the existing and new dashboard solutions. Person will also be responsible to ensure our data is cleansed constantly.
- Understand business requirements on existing and new data sources
- Be the Subject Matter Experts (SME's) in Japan for Commercial Data. Act as the source of knowledge for Japan's Business Units and teams, the business stakeholders for Japan.
- Responsible to get the changes for MDM executed by the data operations team in a timely manner and with quality
- Responsible for driving accuracy of the data within Japan
- Primary interface for the business stakeholders on a day to day basis when it comes to data questions/extractions. They will also be part of the business discussions for important areas like New Product Introduction, Reassignment of customer hierarchies/territories etc.
- Responsible for handling any immediate escalations and to expedite requests.
- Oversee the deployment of data to the Commercial data warehouse
- Develop policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data
- Review customer files to ensure integrity of data collection and utilization
- Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
Core Elements Related To This Role
- In depth knowledge of the different data sets within Commercial accompanied by the technical knowledge of the platform components of Enterprise Analytics
- Capabilities to translate business needs into data analytics concepts
- Hands-on, able to implement and execute initiatives
- Understanding of Commercial Master Data, dimensions, complexity
Education, Behavioural Competencies and Skills
- Fluent Japanese & High Level Business English
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with data management.
- Understanding commercial data domain
- The ability to implement complex, yet efficient business processes, data and work-flows
- Ability to work with business stakeholders at Region / market level (should be able to discuss issues with data)
- Demonstrated Leadership skills, with proven management experience within a matrix organisation
- Strong Business Acumen of a LifeSciences company or deep expertise in one industry
Dimensions And Aspects
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Knowledge in Big Data Concepts and application of these concepts with Big Data tools for storage, ingestions and analytics
- Knowledge of visualization techniques and tools like Qlik, Tableau or Microstrategy
- Knowledge of Informatica MDM tools or similar
- Knowledge of Commercial relevant data sources like ERP Financial data, Salesforce/ CRM, IMS, etc
- Ability to partner with stakeholders in the organization
- Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity
- Has no issue speaking up and encourages the team to do the same
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Feels comfortable operating alone, within the boundaries set by Commercial IT's management
- Ability to develop solutions with a wide cross-functional team of colleagues and collaborate effectively
- Able to influence stakeholders in a matrix organisation, with abiliy to ensure delivery and maintenance of Commercial Analytics solutions at all levels of the organisation
- Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance and defend it
- Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.