※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
Global Biopharmaceutical Company
Cloud Advisory Lead, Cloud Platforms and Digital Solutions, Global Infrastructure Services, Director or Individual Contributor
This is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business with a primary focus on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines.
Our purpose as a company is to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines and greater efficiency & innovation in healthcare.
Our IT's Cloud Platforms and Digital Solutions (CPDS) team delivers public and private Cloud services to internal customers. These services range from Cloud Advisory, Automation, Architecture through to Delivery. Within CPDS, is the Cloud Advisory team who provide the customer interface to our internal and external Cloud services. The Cloud Advisory team is there to:
- Promote CPDS services and solutions
- Identify and forecast demand for existing and new CPDS services
- Define the customer need and business cases for change activities
- Prioritise and drive the development of new Cloud services
- Provide Cloud cost optimisation and management services in order that we get full value from its on premise and public cloud investments
Reporting to the Head of Cloud Advisory, the Cloud Advisory Lead is a key role within the team and is focussed on working with our Business IT teams to get the best value from our Cloud services portfolio, identifying and delivering new services and providing solutions to meet customer needs.
The Cloud Advisory Lead is accountable for:
- Engagement and Partner Management
- Demand capture and triage, requirements definition and business case development
- Communication of product roadmaps and new services
- Demand forecasting
- Delivery of new services to the Customer
- Ensuring the customer's Cloud footprint is efficiently used and sized
Key Focus & Challenge
- You will be accountable for engaging Business Area(s) / Regions and associated IT partners in-order to understand and anticipate current and future requirements. You will have a key role in providing status of the delivery of new services and managing partners to ensure robust demand management processes and the right investment decisions are made
- Ensure all key partners are aware of the portfolio of services and associated development roadmaps.
- Demonstrate a high focus on the customer's requirements and has the energy and resilience to deliver in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Accountable for building an overall forecast of demand and ensuring that this is delivered to exceed expectations.
- Plays an active role in the prioritisation and governance of new service development, representing their customer's needs whilst balancing this with the needs of the Enterprise.
- Drives optimisation of the infrastructure estate. Works with customers and GIS teams to make sure hosting platforms and services are current, right sized and efficient.
- Tracks's service usage, understanding the service value proposition, managing the service life cycle for the customer
- Experience of planning and managing budgets.
- An experienced leader, having worked in a complex, multinational environment, the role holder should have a broad understanding of private and public cloud hosting services and associated commercials and costs.
- Foundation-level knowledge of Cloud (AWS, Azure & GCP), Virtualisation (VMWare & Openstack), Containers, Storage, Backup, Middleware, Databases, Identity&Access Mgmt. and Network
- Knowledge of Sysops and DevOps Operating Models
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence.
- Ability to influence partners at multiple levels and define and communicate requirements
- Ability to form effective partnerships with internal and external partners and to gain commitment to deliver against targets.
- Strong analytical skills and experience of related toolsets, with the ability to present clear information related to status and issues based on analysis and extraction of performance data from multiple sources.
- Detailed understanding of the project delivery methodologies.
- Vendor and contract management skills.
- Ability to make decisions in pressure situations at a management level
- An ability to work effectively in a matrix organization is critical
- Ability to collaborate across the different technology services
- Japanese Language: Native or equivalent (N1)
- English Language: Business level proficiency
8M ~ 10M JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Osaka or Tokyo (with frequent business trips)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.