Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Japanese Pharmaceutical Company
Key elements of the role include:
- Responsibility for managing category of >$90m in annual spend
- Developing, executing and monitoring multiyear global category strategies that capture VALUE for company. Strategies should be aligned with business requirements, address short- and long-term considerations, and capture innovation.
- Leading the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program for the category and ensure suppliers deliver value beyond price objectives. This includes applying leading tools & techniques to segment suppliers for the category, understanding supplier performance, analyzing market trends & constraints, delivering a broad range of value chain initiatives to improve performance, reliability, quality, costs, and capture innovation
- Establishing Stakeholder Engagement plans that create positive working relationships with senior global stakeholders. This includes engaging with key stakeholders in order to generate ideas and opportunities, ensuring strategy alignment with business requirements, managing key stakeholder relationships, and effectively engaging in change management.
- Supporting the Global Category Lead by leading key additional Regional/Global activities
- Leading Sourcing Managers to ensure smooth delivery of the strategy
- Leading Global/Regional sourcing initiatives
- Be recognized as the Category expert and utilize this knowledge to act as a 'Change Agent' for implementing new models and ways of working
- Understanding of purchasing category (Drug Discovery & Pre-Clinical Research)
- Effective negotiation skills
- Experience managing suppliers
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Strong change management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Fluency in English
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Procurement experience, particularly in Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management and Category Management
- Drug discovery and pre-clinical research experience
- Understanding of legal requirements and risk management in procurement projects
- Experience in financial analysis
- Evidence of developing innovative solutions to capture value from suppliers and improve operations
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentations).
- Fluent in written and verbal business English
- Highly effective collaboration skills
- Ability to identify opportunities, balance risks and benefits, and take appropriate actions
- Act as a change agent.
- Good knowledge of the purchasing category market
- Understanding of procurement best practice
- Strategic thinking skills
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
8:45〜17:45（Mon〜Thu）、8:45〜16:00（Fri）、Flex-time system or Discretionary Work System
Employment Insurance, Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance, Welfare Pension Insurance, Health Insurance, Mutual Aid Association System, Company Housing System, Employee Shareholder Association System, Property Accumulation Savings System
Weekends(Sat and Sun), holidays, May 1st, summer vacation, New Year holidays
Annual paid leave, childcare leave system, nursing care leave system, etc.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.