Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Terminal Operator
Development of Long-term vision
- Work closely with MD/COO/CCO to identify various business measures to be taken to maximize the growth potential.
- Align the future path desired to the working of the organization including CAPEX planning.
- Work with MD on building vision on cost control and revenue opportunities to bring out an effective strategy for the year in question.
- Analyze the cost components and bring out initiatives through discussions with the teams, actions to be taken to control costs.
- Review the financial and accounting processes and bring out opportunities for process improvement.
- Use the above to set stringent targets for the teams involved and have reviews on a regular basis on the levels of performance.
- Terminal performance review
- Preparer monthly management reporting, and critically assess and provide business insights to the developments in the period.
- Proactively challenge and provide commentary on the potential areas of improvement
- Work closely with MD and global teams to continuously assess the effective reporting during the TPRs.
Accounting and internal control
- In conjunction with GSC (Global Service Centers), ensure timely and accurate financial data in the system and related reporting on a monthly basis.
- Ensure timely and accurate tax filing.
- Ensure compliance with local law and regulations.
- Ensure required internal control put in place.
- Ensure optimal cash management.
- Minimum 10 years' experience with large, global, multinational organizations
- Proven experience around business finance including forecasting, scenario building, analytics
- Solid experience in accounting incl. monthly/annual closing. CPA or Bookkeeping Level 1 preferred, but not a must
- Ability to deal with and manage senior stakeholders through influence and effective data-based communication
- Proactive and multitasking capabilities
- Good team player and someone willing to learn and extend the levels of performance
- Open and convincing personality, sense of urgency, and orientation to results
- Effective verbal and written communication skills both in Japanese and English
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.