Global Retail Company
As a Compensation & Benefits Manager, you will be managing the design, implementation, and administration of compensation and benefits programs for all markets in Asia.
- Oversees all aspects of compensation offerings for client groups, including all programs impacting base salary, job evaluation, market analysis, short and long-term incentives. Functions as in-house consultative resource to internal stakeholders on all matters related to compensation and rewards including program design. Provision of consultative resource requires the ability to provide in-depth compensation and rewards expertise throughout organization through a multitude of communication forums including providing and explaining accurate recommendations. Partners extensively with Finance and business leaders to provide reports and modeling, such as actual, estimated, and proposed salary expenses, to guide the budget process.
- Manages the design and delivery of certain core and statutory benefits. Develops, implements, and maintains the processes for external benchmarking of the company's benefits package ensuring Qurate Retail Group's offering remains competitive at all times. Evaluates and analyzes the cost and effectiveness of the current benefit offerings and develops strategies to enhance and improve their impact. Works closely with Legal and People Team Members to monitor the cost, effectiveness, and compliance of these programs in each market.
- Lead market annual compensation process for the administration of annual increases and bonuses. This includes planning, coordinating process across multiple People functions, data validation and audits, planning and executing education sessions around the tool and process, and partnering on communications. Act as compensation and benefits liaison with People, Communication & Community Technology team system tools, configurations, and analytics.
- Partners with business and People leaders to identify compensation and benefits gaps and recommend solutions by enhancing programs, processes, guidelines, tools, and resources to increase effectiveness and engagement in line with best practice and regulatory changes in each market and/or across markets. Identify opportunities for synergies and alignment of best practices across markets.
- Designs and implements reward education, training, and communication to support performance driven culture. Ensures effective delivery to People Team Members and client areas.
- Team player able to work independently and collaboratively within own market and globally. Provide leadership, guidance, training and motivation to the diverse needs of our business clients and/or local People Team around compensation and benefits. Establish department goals and ensure productivity and quality standards are maintained. Support department process of hire, promote, terminate and counsel staff.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Compensation and Benefits, with prior supervisory/management experience a plus.
- Full proficiency in English & Japanese language
- Demonstrated successes in staff development, and project management, demonstrated leadership, initiative, and decision-making skills.
- Strong business acumen and grounding in financial concepts, including tax and budget implications around benefits and compensation issues.
- Experience with Willis Towers Watson and/or Mercer IPE evaluation methodology and working in a market pricing environment is a plus. Also, excellent analytical, inter-personal and technological skill-sets required, particularly cost modeling for compensation and benefit plans.
- Strong knowledge of PCs, word processing and spreadsheet packages.
- High level of interpersonal, influencing, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and influence multiple management levels on a matrix basis required. Must be a team player and be able to work collaboratively on a geographically distributed team.
- Strong knowledge of market compensation & benefits both statutory and supplemental, especially for Japan and China
- Proven ability to present changes to compensation and benefits programs to all organizational levels.
- Knowledge of current legislation and tax affecting compensation and benefits.
- Previous experience of managing / negotiating with third party suppliers / providers in the area of reward (eg external market data suppliers, reward consultancies, benefit providers/brokers).
12 Mill Yen to 13 Mill Yen
＊According to your annual salary of the previous job and experience
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.