Foreign Chemical Company
Objectives of the Position
- In charge of controlling tasks for local business unit(s) without a production site in Japan, i.e. planning and performance management, business Analysis, governance and compliance and others.
- Proactively supervise and improve operational excellence scenarios in Japan and implement identified excellence projects with involving people from relevant organizations.
- Participate in critical business steering projects / initiatives within the local business unit and structurally evaluate baseline scenarios / models.
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient operational risk controlling in the local business unit.
Planning and business performance management:
- Operational planning & forecasting
- Accountable for operational planning and forecasting processes within the responsible business unit in the country, being a liaison with regional / global business unit controlling in the process.
- Accountable for conducting gap analyses (actual / plan)
- Responsible for operational planning of the responsible business unit in the country and development of rolling forecasts for it.
- Consulted on business portfolio / structure, R&D and headcount planning.
- Reporting & communication
- Accountable for reporting processes within the responsible business unit in the country, measuring business performance of it and driving value-based management implementation, through reporting to regional / global business unit and local business manager.
- Responsible for management reporting and communication of business performance for the responsible business unit.
- Target setting
- Responsible for benchmarking effort to share best practices.
- Consulted on consistent inclusion of value-based targets into target agreements of the responsible business unit.
- Business consulting, analysis & recommendations
- Accountable for analyzing business performance of the responsible business unit and economic valuation and gatekeeping of commission projects.
- Responsible for monitoring of budget and strategic risks for the business unit.
- Responsible for initiating and monitoring improvement measures.
- Strategy definition & projects
- Responsible for strategy definition jointly in the local management team.
- Responsible for evaluating long-term investment needs and M&A opportunities.
- Facilitating post-merger integration.
Governance & compliance:
- Policies & procedures
- Responsible for enforcing financial policies and procedures within the business unit.
- Consulted on ICTP / cost sharing agreement (CSA) compliance and contract management process within the business unit.
- Internal control effectiveness & audits
- Responsible for enforcing compliance with internal control effectiveness and follow-up on audit activities.
- Risk management
- Consulted on risk management process of the business unit.
- Systems & tools
- Developing and implementing controlling systems and tools for the business unit.
- Organizational interface
- Leadership of controller community in the country, influencing other controllers by being a role model.
- Training / education / support
- Consulted on training, education and support on controlling topics.
- Ad-hoc request & support to corporate projects across business units.
- Cost center structure design, cycle maintenance, and charge-out process & monitoring design within the business unit.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- Working Experience
- More than 5 years in accounting, controlling or related field
- Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Intermediate or advanced finance and accounting, proficiency in interpretation and analysis of financial reports
- Advanced communication skill in both English and Japanese
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications
- Understanding of SAP or other ERP applications
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.