Global Real Estate Developer
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager, Japan is responsible for the origination and conversion of sites for major Telecommunications projects in Japan. The primary focus of the strategy shall be 'build to suit' and consequently it is expected that the role works closely with key stakeholders to understand requirements and source and acquire suitable land sites.
- Represent the firm and fronts the business in identifying land acquisition opportunities
- Develop, manage and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in order to support the long-term strategy and maximize opportunities
- Responsible for identifying, leading, negotiating and brokering successful land opportunities, including the front-end due diligence, feasibility studies, transaction structuring, financial analysis, regulatory compliance safety / sustainability as well as internal approvals
- Monitors and updates pipeline, and forecast status of each account/opportunity
- Support the project conversion and investment process, and implementation of the project strategy in accordance with partnership objectives, contractual requirements and organization quality and standards
- Provide clear processes and governance structures for successful conversion of land acquisition, and provide clarity to maintain control over complexity
- Understand that development is all about solving problems (e.g. costs, market shifts, stakeholders)
- Identify and quantify risks, create plans for how to mitigate, resolve issues to minimize the negative impact, identify root causes and create a plan for resolution.
- Facilitates best practices sharing and fostering of collaboration across countries
- Ensure alignment with the company's core values and principles of operations; including safety, sustainability, health & well-being and diversity & inclusion.
- Actively understand and use the firm's EH&S GMR's and policies to guide decision making and ensure compliance.
Internal: Development Managers, Project Managers, Fund& Asset Managers, Regional Leadership Team, Enterprise Support Functions
External: Authorities, Partners, Consultants, Brokers, Banks, Contractors, Tenants
DESIRED CAPABILITIES & BEHAVIOURS
- Detailed understanding and experience of investments including sourcing of land sites
- Financially and commercially astute, with a deep understanding of the real estate market across Japan, and how to extract the best value from assets
- Strong property financial and analytical skills
- Firm grounding in property investment
- Native Japanese language speaker, English fluency preferred but not required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience in the conversion and acquisition of real estate
- Deep connections within the real estate industry in Australia and / or Japan.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Property, Business and/or Applied Finance & Investment, combined with advanced subject matter knowledge
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Experience in stakeholder management, with a strong customer focus.
- Communication skills, both oral and written including the ability to build relationships and undertake negotiations
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Able to effectively resolve conflict to maintain strong working relationships.
10 - 20M
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.