Global Insurance Company
BCP / DR Function is accountable for managing and maintaining IT Disaster Recovery (DR) readiness and Business Continuity Management (BCM) is well established.
BCP-DR Manager will be primarily responsible for the implementation and management of our global DR and BCM processes within Japan.
- Be part of the team in implementing DR and BCM in Japan, co-working with the Global DR/BCM team
- Support global teams and contributes in developing policies, procedures, technical standards, methods, and education programs related to DR and BCM
- Develop / update disaster recovery plans at the Japan IT level and overall Datacenter levels
- Review and govern the quality of the individual application recovery plans and technical recovery plans that they are always up-to-date
- Maintain Japan teams' awareness of both technical control solutions as well as regulatory and policy developments in DR and BCM
- Organize Disaster Recovery exercises to switch over/back between Production Systems datacenter to DR systems environment, co-working with all Japan Business Units and technical teams
- Manage DR Stock Piles, distribution, replenishments, refresh due to expiry etc.,
- Producing management information, including KPIs and reports to show status within the environment and entity
- Presenting weekly and monthly DR / BCM data to Leadership team, concisely and effectively
- Documenting Issues, updating issues log, tracking issues to completion, and escalating issues to management team if needed
- Gather Staff safety assessment when requested by BCM team at the Japan level or within the entity level
- Be part of the recovery team during any disaster event, running the recovery facilitation, communication with parent company contributing to communication to business
- Work closely with Major incident management team towards making the DR recovery more mature and effective, as required
- Coordinating between DR technical conference bridges and business team calls, mindful of the time sensitivity around communication
- Collating technical and business impact
- Driving decision making for optimal recovery paths towards maintaining RTO and RPO.
- 5 plus years of experience in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Management
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to multi-task
- Sensitivity and urgency in dealing with disaster event
- An analytical thinker, able to focus on outcome with quick and accurate delivery
- Client focus and ownership - displays initiative and a proactive approach to work
- Strong cross technology background in areas such as network, distributed, end user and mainframe
- Strong communication skills in both English and Japanese
- Able to judge the most effective way to communicate and bridge communication with varied set of stakeholders (all levels of seniority)
- Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative team player and self-motivated.
Preferred skills :
- Understanding of PM terminology, concepts, and processes. Possesses working knowledge of general project management practices and methodologies.
- Possess excellent writing/analytical skills as well as the ability to be detailed and process oriented.
- Ability to influence and lead technical conversations with various infrastructure support groups.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer Science or equivalent experience
- Any certification in DR / BCM function will be a plus
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.