- Commercial activities relating to the aircraft finance, such as the arrangement of JOL or loan syndication, mainly in the Japanese market
- Loan portfolio monitoring and other administrative/compliance duties
1. Strategy and Business Planning
- Arrangement of JOLCO, for both the equity underwriters (leasing companies) and single investors
- Debt placement in the Japanese market for both JOLCO and non-JOLCO transactions
- Support for the administration matters (KYC, FATCA, AEOI etc)
2. Management and Reporting
Report to the Head of Aircraft Finance Department
Portfolio monitoring for assets booked in Japan
Key Internal Contacts: Aviation Group, AMO, LGL, Compliance, Internal Audit
Key External Contacts: Japanese leasing companies, JOL/JOLCO equity investors, banks, trading companies, airlines and aircraft lessors, law firm, tax advisors, aircraft appraisers
5. Systems Used
Internal: Outlook, Office, Intranet, and other internal tools required to perform the duties (KIWIS, ClientLive, Phidias etc.)
6. Legal and Regulatory Responsibilities
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal Compliance requirements, including, but not limited to, the Japan Compliance manual and Compliance policies and procedures as issued from time to time; Financial Security requirements, including, but not limited to, the prevention of Financial Crime and Fraud including reporting obligations to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge to ensure to be fully qualified to undertake the role. Complete all mandatory training as required to attain and maintain competence
Qualifications/Education Required: Academic qualifications of a bachelor's degree or higher
Experience Required: Working experience in the Japanese financial institution or equivalent for more than 5 years
Competencies Required: Can develop the good relationship with clients. Good understanding in the area such as legal, accounting and/or the industry.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Native-level for Japanese. Fluent in English, enough ability to lead the documentation.
Good understanding for math, enough to create the financial modelling.
Computer skills (excel, word, power point).
Any other relevant information: Role requires some travel to visit clients in designated areas of responsibility.
Approximately 8 to 10 million JPY