※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
Our Corporation's International Corporate Development (ICD) team, working out of the company's Tokyo headquarters, is seeking to fill a multi-disciplinary role in managing our overseas operations.
ICD monitors and strengthens the company's growing global businesses through such activities as
- optimizing existing overseas operations
- planning and support of new overseas projects
- ongoing observation and issue resolution.
ICD manages the company's overseas corporate communications activities in such core areas as
- management of our corporate image across all channels and mediums
- producing corporate publications for internal and external audiences
- strengthening internal and external communication between our business divisions and group companies worldwide.
We are looking for someone who can work flexibly between both aspects of ICD's work. And by working in ICD, the candidate is well positioned for further career and skill development as we continue to increase and strengthen its global presence.
Our Corporation is the parent of the Group, which comprises over 100 companies worldwide and a multiethnic workforce of over 12,000 people with fiscal 2020 annual turnover of US$7.2 billion with an operating income ratio of 15% of sales. We furnish the raw materials for an astonishing array of products that make modern life possible.
The associate project manager will help ICD sustain international corporate communications activities, including but not limited to
- planning/producing corporate publications such as monthly company newsletters, annual reports, and news releases
- monitoring groupwide compliance with our corporate branding guidelines
- monitoring our presence of company-owned websites and third-party platforms (social media)
- supporting company in its growing marketing-communications to overseas audiences
The associate project manager will also contribute to ICD's management of our existing and future overseas operations, such as
- reviewing subsidiary monthly reports and Board Meeting materials
- attending subsidiary Board Meetings
- liaising between overseas and domestic stakeholders
Domestic and overseas travel may be required on an infrequent basis-subject to the COVID-19 pandemic environment.
In performing their duties, the associate project manager will work with other ICD project managers or overseas our members on a frequent or infrequent basis.
The associate project manager will report directly to the general manager of ICD.
Desired candidates will have minimum 3 years' experience, preferably in a Japanese B2B multinational company (e.g. chemicals, manufacturing), dealing mainly with hands-on planning and management of multiple ongoing projects of various types, scale and timelines while maintaining close attention to deadlines and budget.
Ideally, candidates will
- have worked in a Japanese company's marcoms, PR/investor/media relations, or such work environments requiring constant awareness of what is going on in the organization
- be confident in their English, Japanese and Chinese communication ability
- have a fundamental understanding of basic financial statements and business reporting terminology
- thrive in international environments coordinating with contributors at all seniority levels across cultures and time zones
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Manufacturing/trading of chemicals, semiconductor materials, etc.
- Working within an expense budget
1-year renewable contract
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.