※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
The Associate or Jr. Associate position reports to Asset Managers and will be responsible for supporting asset managers in several assets in Japan.
The role is expected to develop strong relationships within the team and will also be involved in the broader aspects of the real estate business, including analysis and review of investment opportunities and providing asset management inputs.
- Direct asset management activities to best achieve the return objectives of the client while earning fees for the company
- Identify, propose and implement asset enhancement works including major renovations and repositioning
- Perform in-depth evaluation of annual capex plans. Proactively oversee the execution of plans throughout the year and monitor capex including major renovations and regular capital plan
- Management of the property managers and plan/supervise marketing and promotional activities
- Responsible for managing relationships with investment partners and advisors (financial, legal, insurance, real estate consultants etc.)
- Interface with operating partners, lenders, and other third-parties to collect and evaluate property, financial, and market information
- Obtain lender and trust bank approvals for items such as non-budgeted capex, annual budget, etc.
- Assume responsibility for managing debt financing for assets, including reporting to the financiers on a regular basis with major covenants, DCSR/LTV tests, etc and also refinancing assets on providing property level data for financing packages and for lender/trust bank requests when the debt matures
- Develop Business Plans for strategic direction of assets and prepare property operating and capital budgets and leasing plans
- Prepare coherent and accurate financial analysis in support of key asset level capital events and investment decisions (major leases, hold/sell analysis etc) and investigate monthly budget to actual variances
- Lead and execute all aspects of the disposition process including appraisals, engineering reports, and other post-closing issues
- Take part in the acquisition process, review acquisitions cash flow
- assumptions and oversee due diligence on asset management related matters
- Other duties and projects such as preparing responses to audit inquiries for select assets, collecting market information and occupancy data, expense analysis, rent/sales comps, as assigned
- Carry out internal valuations and review external valuation reports
- Participate in the implementation of Real Connect (internal system), GRESB and other specific initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to speak, read and write good English (TOEIC: minimum 800 points or higher (preferred))
- Japanese: Native
- At least 3-years working experience in real estate market.
- Basic knowledge of Real Estate Markets.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Basic knowledge of asset management in real estate.
- Experience of Asset Manager, Property Manager and Building Manager.
- Chartered Member of the Real Estate Broker
- Team player who enjoys a high performance culture
- Flexible, adaptable, can-do attitude and highly motivated with a professional manner
- Committed to high standards with a focus on attention to detail
- Confident decision making and ability to be proactive
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.