Japanese Entertainment Company
Responsibilities will include
- Providing advice and drafting and negotiating agreements for content distribution in all forms of media, including digital and television, theatrical and home entertainment, content acquisition, marketing campaigns, right clearance, television network operations, production joint venture and production deals.
- Advising executives on anti-trust issues, legal compliance issues, privacy issues, vendor assessment, and general corporate matters including corporate maintenance of subsidiaries.
- The staff member will report to Executive Director, Legal and will also work closely with attorneys in the company's other offices, including other attorneys in the company' Corporate Legal, Motion Picture Marketing, Television Production, Music Legal and Business Affairs, Intellectual Property, Content Protection, Litigation, Compliance, Employment Law and Government Affairs Departments and with the Global Tax Organization.
- Must have excellent negotiating and drafting skills
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word
- Must be creative, analytical, assertive, detail-oriented, and able to accommodate tight deadlines
- Excellent Japanese and English communication skills (both written and verbal), as well as proven ability to work with creative and corporate personnel and explain legal requirements and concerns in layman's terms
- Law degree from top tier Japanese university
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of transactional experience in a major law firm or in-house legal department
- Must have knowledge of general corporate legal issues and experience in commercial and transactional matters
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- J.D., LLM or equivalent from a Japanese or U.S. law school preferred
- Experience in compliance area, studio or other entertainment industry experience preferred (in particular in the television or digital network business)
- Must be self motivated and a self starter
6 Million yen ~ 10 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.