Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan.
Global Precision equipment Company
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting for the business.
- Ensure consistent use and appropriate application of the global chart of accounts and accounting principles and policies.
- Control quality and ensure timely submission of Forecast and Budget exercises.
- Monitor business control effectiveness and develop/execute improvement plans to assure accurate financial reporting.
- Work with Budget Owners to get an understanding of performance. Lead budget variance commentary and reporting.
- Target areas of expense overruns/inconsistencies and implement corrective measures.
- Promote and check compliance with the treasury policy.
- Provide accurate cash-flow forecasting.
- Arrange intra group loan and dividend working with divisional tax team.
Tax & Compliance
- Provide statutory account, tax filing and other reporting to local authority in a timely manner.
- Run and report monthly minimum control to ensure accuracy of financial reporting.
- Monitor and assess business control environment and take action to improve it if weakness is found.
Daily financial operational
Specific duties, activities, and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the journal entries posting in General accounting and for AP/AR functions of the company
- Responsible for the treasury and cash flow reporting on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Responsible for reporting in PM including preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including "Budget vs. Actual"
- Assist with completing of the quarterly and annual regulatory fillings; preparation of assigned quarterly and annual statutory statement schedule required by HQ.
- Adherence strictly to deadline of month end/quarter end/annual closing of accounts
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in Manufacturing industry/Trading industry
- Experience of working in well-established global multinationals with matrix reporting structures.
- Experience in data management, including use of business intelligence reporting and finance systems. Knowledge of SAP is a must.
- Good communication in Japanese & English
- Outstanding organizational skill and good interpersonal skill
- Details-oriented and proactive
- Ability to work under pressure and self-manage
- Ability to work in a team
- Qualified Chartered Accountant from a recognized professional accountancy body
- People management experience is desirable
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.