Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Key objectives of an Assistant Accounting Manager role are to support finance department in local and North Asia operation, work closely and collaborate with Financial Controller in assisting finance (accounting, tax, and treasury) activities.
This position will also cover project activities, business case reviews, implementation support and other value-add financial duties.
- Inter-month and month-end journal entry processing.
- Inter-month and month-end reconciliation (prepaid expenses, deferred rent, tax payable, etc.)
- Maintain the daily inventory cost review. Identify and direct corrective actions on cost issues.
- Process the Obsolete Inventory Accounting, including calculations, required journal entries at month-end and monthly reconciliation.
- Work closely with Operations, Supply Chain and Inventory Management teams to ensure inventory book value is properly stated.
- Maintain statutory book for Japan by taking over the responsibility from external accounting firm.
- Assist with preparation of other reporting and analysis.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Execute usual accounting functions, including operating the general ledger system and month-end close work.
- Assist with financial and other audits as required.
- Assist with filing for Corporate Income tax, Consumption tax and Depreciable Assets Tax
- Commercial analysis on new business opportunities in Japan
- Manage Apple BBTI programs (Monthly payment along with invoice reconciliation)
- Special projects
- Ad Hoc spreadsheet preparation
- Assist with implementing, maintaining and documenting internal financial controls and procedures
- CPA or CA, Finance Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years' working experience in accounting and finance area.
- Must be in knowledge of monthly closing and preparation of financial statements
- Highly proficient with Microsoft office. Especially Excel advance data analysis and manipulation skills
- Korean and Japanese Language skills are must.
- Good English skill in written and oral is a big plus.
- Experience in JDE (Oracle) ERP is a plus
- Experience in Financial Service / Telecomm / Wireless industry is a plus.