- Lead for acoustic domain on predevelopment programs
- Apply, design, and organize audio systems for the virtual automotive environment.
- Investigate new audio related technologies and best practices.
- Research and create novel solutions to address a wide variety of issues (such as manufacturability, cost / design efficiency, packaging, etc.) encountered by acoustic systems in the automotive environment.
- Support development of customer specific system architecture roadmap in concert with customer / the company team and implement into proposals.
- Develop, document, and apply worldwide acoustic systems tools and best practices.
- Closely collaborate with a team specializing in early-phase vehicle development.
- Work closely with customer and the company teams to define audio system targets and to evolve acoustic system proposals through the pre-development phase of a program with the goal of finalizing system architecture at end of pre-development
- Proactively demonstrate proposals / concepts and field questions in the acoustic domain
- Backup pre-development and customer engineering team colleagues as needed
- Business English and Native Japanese Level.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Acoustics is required.
- 5+ years of experience in an audio related field is required; 8+ years of experience is strongly preferred.
- Specific experience required in 3 or more of the following fields: acoustic engineering, transducer engineering, digital signal processing, electrical or amplifier engineering, psycho-acoustics and recording arts
- Detailed knowledge of and ability to model acoustic systems/vehicles
- Sales and/or customer facing experience
- Desire to work within a global cross-functional team
- Master's Degree in Engineering preferred.
- Passion for acoustics and sound reproduction
- High level of energy
- Flexible in a challenging work environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of recording arts
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of Matlab, C, C++, algorithm development and programming is preferred.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites, including international travel, up to 25% of the time.
- Willingness to work in an office in Nagoya,JP.
- Willingness for overtime and weekend work, as needed