Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and standard operating procedures and identify/establish internal controls and ensure their operating effectiveness
- Manage back office functions such as general ledger, fixed assets, disbursements and accounts payable and provide supervision to the accounts receivable/credit and collections function
- Work closely with Corporate Treasury department on cash flow requirements for operations and capital projects
- Ensure intercompany accounts are balanced with US parent; handle all intercompany inquiries
- Manage month-end close according to Corporate specified deadlines, including timely reconciliations and reviewing/posting journal entries
- Work closely with purchasing department and warehouse to ensure timely receipt of inventory and accurate payments to vendors
- Manage the T&E expense report processing; work closely with US parent T&E administrator
- Liaison with independent auditor regarding statutory and foreign entity financial statement audits
- Work closely with tax consultants to prepare tax filings
- Coordinate with third party payroll provider on payroll processing and ensure related journal entries are recorded into the ERP system
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Assist with special projects as needed. Respond to change proactively and perform other essential duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a full cycle accounting position or similar.
- Minimum of Bookkeeping 2nd grade level knowledge in accounting
- Experience with large ERP system required, use of SAP preferred
- Knowledge of US and Japan GAAP/IFRS
- Hyperion knowledge a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and management skills
- Ability to work individually and as a team to accomplish Company priorities and goals
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Japanese language as native level (writing, reading and speaking)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Most people are working from home, especially for accounting team.Only come to the office when necessary
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.