Leading Food Company
- Lead reporting teams of Japan GAAP, US GAAP, and tax by utilizing professional knowledge and experience as an accounting expert.
- Corroborate with other teams for further improvements through discussions, cooperation, and advice.
- Provide coaching to team members to cultivate their potential and future career development.
- Corporate Accounting/Financial Reporting
- Accurate and timely financial reporting for Japan GAAP, US GAAP, and internal management purpose.
- Provide internally required financial analysis/reporting to management in order to assist their decision making.
- Corroborate with other groups (ie. Treasury, Restaurant Consulting and Business Consulting) to ensure timeliness of any other types of financial reporting as needed.
- Establish and manage relationship with internal/external auditors.
- Identify improvement opportunities in work process and make necessary changes by corroborating with own team and/or other groups.
- Corroborate with our Global for accounting issues as deemed appropriate.
- Review and approve journal entries for non-routine, complex, or judgmental areas.
- Be cognizant with updates in accounting/tax regulations and provide necessary advice to relevant parties.
- Review various tax related deliverables (ie. tax returns, tax projection) for timely and accurate submission, and report to supervisors for results.
- Establish and manage relationship with tax authorities and tax professionals.
- People Development/Leadership
- Manage and develop team members to enhance capabilities of Finance Dept.
- Help team members to perform their work with the Company's overall strategy in mind.
- Maximize performance of direct reports through continuous attempt of process improvements.
Leadership Level: Leading Others
- Leads Changes and Innovation
- Builds and Leverages Talent
- Plans and Acts Strategically
- Lead through Influences
- Holds and maintains a Japanese CPA license.
- 5-10 years' of experience in Big-4 audit firms is highly preferred. US CPA may be considered if the exposure to Japanese public company reporting and audit requirements is sufficient.
- Native Japanese and also strong English speaking skills required.
- Excellent communication skills at different levels of the organization in diverse environment
- Strong learning orientation and willingness to learn to successfully perform the role
- Ability to work and manage effectively in Bi-cultural and Bi-lingual environment
- Ability to develop people by identifying strengths and opportunities, development needs, and providing necessary support
- Ability to collaborate with other divisions and markets, understands dependencies and criticality of alignment and recognizes ramifications and implications of misalignment
- Work Permit in Japan
10-11M Base + 20% Target Incentive
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.