Global IT Company
- Responsible for maintaining general ledgers in both US GAAP and Japan statutory basis
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close, with preparing/reviewing journals
- Produce Balance Sheet account analysis and reconciliations while providing supporting schedules, bank accounts, A/R, A/R, Accruals, etc.
- Perform monthly financial statement review, including, but not limited to balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analysis
- Support accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, postings and collections
- Prepare payroll and commission summaries as required
- Provide full support to Japan statutory filing process
- Responsible fully for supporting tax audit, regulatory audit, as well as internal audits
- Ensure that the accounting / operation is executed in compliant with the internal policies, and accounting regulations
- Ensure all compliance with pension declarations, withholding tax declarations, internal commerce taxes and duties, importation duties, etc.
- Liaise with external professionals and government bodies on audit, tax, secretarial and other issues to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance for the Company and the Group.
- Lead on company integration process from finance perspective, if necessary
- Assist if necessary day-to-day operations including data entry, client invoicing and vendor payments.
- Support Controller with special project and workflow process improvement
- Monitor and analyzes team members' work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Support budget and forecast activities
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in accounting
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing accounting team at Japan subsidiary of multi-national company
- Understanding Japan and U.S. GAAP is required
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (fluent in English＆Japanese)
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- familiarity with IFRS and respective tax laws preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Relish dealing with ambiguity and can work independently with minimal supervision
- High energy individual that is assertive, proactive, cooperative, results oriented and customer focused
- Proven track record of problem solving and process improvement
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with tight deadlines
10 Million yen ~ 13.5 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.