Global Housewares Manufacture
The mission of Global Business Services is to drive world class efficiency through standardization, leveraging resources, continuous improvement and high-quality service. GBS is responsible for managing the in-scope functions and processes, including General Ledger accounting and reporting, Statutory Reporting, Tax Compliance, SOX Compliance, Treasury and Inter Company for all the company Brands' businesses. This role will be responsible for the above for Japan and Korea entities and provide financial leadership and control, drive business performance as well as support the APAC Region's growth and harmonization agenda. The incumbent should be familiar with Japan GAAP & US GAAP and Tax rules.
- Monitor the month end, quarter end and year end closing process and take the lead in resolving issues.
- Prepare and distribute monthly reports as required by the business
- Review monthly management financial accounts pack that includes P&L, Expenses, Balance Sheet, and commentary on material variances.
- Review Fixed Assets management to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Review Account Reconciliations to ensure there are no aged unexplained reconciliation items, all BS reconciliations are completed correctly by the due date and have supporting schedules and documentation.
- Manage the annual statutory audit preparation, work with audit firm and tax team to ensure on-time filing as required
- Cash and bank management; prepare weekly cashflow forecast
- Payment approval for both local and overseas payments
- Support global projects on SAP conversion, Divestitures, Legal Entity Rationalization and Center of Excellence
- Identify and implement best practice financial processes and procedures
- Lead standardization, automation, process improvement initiatives and new system roll outs to improve efficiency and productivity; ensure harmonisation of Finance processes after SAP roll outs
- Automate Finance processes including accruals, IC reconciliation, Tax returns and reporting
- Establish and implement appropriate accounting controls and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of Sarbanes Oxley as specified by the parent company
- Execute SOX testing to monitor the internal controls and implementation of the policy and process
- Enhance efficiency and effectiveness through process and system improvement
- Tax review for both direct and Indirect Taxes ensuring timely submission of VAT, annual Tax Return and Withholding Tax.
- Apply and advise on inter-company transfer pricing policies at the local and transaction level. Assist with TP report preparation and review.
- Mentoring for GBS team members and help develop a career path.
- Support ongoing projects
- Tax Compliance and SAP experience is preferred
- At least 6 years of Accounting and Tax experience
- At least 3 years of team management experience, GBS and US GAAP exposure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in English - written and oral
- Excel and SAP experience
- Solid finance operation knowledge
- Expert in Tax Compliance
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.