Global Process Automation Software Provider
The Accountant is responsible for maintaining accurate books and records of the Company in accordance with the Company's Policy & Procedures, US GAAP and Japan local GAAP. This position works closely with the entire accounting team.
This opportunity will appeal to someone who thrives in the fast paced, growing company and enjoys the challenges of developing a solid foundation. The ideal candidate is a hands-on strategic individual who is happy to roll-up their sleeves and move between responsibility levels. You must be able to work well independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
General accounting including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. Assisting with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the APAC Accounting Team in carrying out their responsibilities.
The successful candidate will need to display flexibility and will need to be able to manage multiple accounting books.
- Ensure all transactions are accounted for in accordance with US GAAP and Japan local GAAP
- Responsible for certain aspects of the month-end close process including journal entry preparations (e.g., accruals, prepaid and reclassification, etc.), balance sheet account reconciliations, and analytics.
- Responsible for revenue accruals, project accounting and deferred revenue schedules
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Responsible for tax reporting such as Consumption Tax, Fixed Asset Tax, Corporate Income Tax and Employee Income tax
- Support in preparation of tax schedules for estimated tax calculations and tax returns
- Prepare monthly cashflow forecast report
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met and accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annually.
- Support of budget and forecast activities.
- Responsible for annual statutory audit and preparation of annual accounts, financial statement/reports and taxation for compliance with local government regulations
- Responsible for company secretarial matter including document preparation and liaison with company secretarial company on all compliance matters.
- Perform all other duties assigned and required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance Knowledge
- Proficiency in accounting system, preferably Oracle, Microsoft Dynamic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and advanced level Excel
- Resourceful and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment (including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods)
- Possess strong knowledge in Japan local GAAP, taxation, organizational, analytical, good interpersonal skills, independent and team player.
- Strong business acumen and logical problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Can do and pro-active attitude
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.