Main Activities and Responsible:
1) Financial Reporting (Consolidation)
- Globally prepare the IFRS consolidated financial statements.
- Responsible for consolidations of international entities from multiple GL systems, including reclass and revaluation measures.
- Responsible for preparation of financial information and supporting schedules used for quarterly/annual reporting required by NGO/NPO partners.
- Prepare quarterly variance analysis of SAP IFRS financial statements for management and external auditors, and ensure schedules agree to our consolidated books and records.
- Lead month-end, quarter-end, and year-end consolidation processes in the GL and SAP (Intramart) in cooperation with Corporate Finance Accounting/Consolidation Teams.
2) Financial Accounting
- Responsible for provisions, fixed assets, AP/AR and inventory journal entry recording, accounting reconciliation, and consolidation activities across multiple regions globally.
- Responsible for completing foreign currency translation adjustments, review and validation, as well as SAP entries and NGO/NPO reporting related reclass JEs as needed.
- Prepare supporting documentation for internal and external audits, as needed.
- Develop and maintain REPOPA consolidation application knowledge and expertise; obtain thorough understanding of the SAP (IFRS) financial reporting and GL structure.
- Responsible for intercompany loan transactions between parent company and subsidiary entities, including preparing supporting loan schedules and calculations.
- Prepare journal entries for intercompany transactions and reclassification entries during month-end close to ensure appropriate elimination entries and intercompany loan interest are recorded accurately in multiple GL systems. Ensure intercompany accounts are in balance during month-end close.
- Maintain assigned GL or subsidiary ledger accounts by reviewing documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations, preparing supporting schedules, recording appropriate journal entries consistent with Japanese GAAP/IFRS and reconciling on a monthly basis in REPOPA/SAC.
- Accounting (Financial, Statutory, Consolidated), Reporting, and some Tax/Audit Experience
- Demonstrated financial accounting and consolidated accounting skills
- Working knowledge of J-GAAP, IFRS
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet, presentation and word processing
- English language fluency required, and fluency in Japanese highly preferred.
- Ability to work confidently in MS Office suite of tools, and familiarity with Google Drive and related products.
- Experience with similar back-office and enterprise financial accounting and consolidation software solutions
- Ability to travel internationally, likely limited to a quarterly trip maximum.
- 4-year/ bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business administration, accounting, finance, and/or relevant certification (e.g., CPA) is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years' financial accounting and reporting (consolidation) experience.
- Communicate effectively and maintain a good relationship with corporate and global teams (Corporate Finance Accounting/Consolidation and GCO HQ and overseas Financial Accounting members).
- Superb verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in Japanese and English.
- Ability to confer with leaders and management to resolve discrepancies and errors.
- Proactive troubleshooting and correct problems to help individual and department performance.
- Timely and polite response and follow up to internal and external stakeholders.
コアタイム：11:00-12:00, 13:00-15:00 （休憩は12:00-13:00）