Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Industrial Equipment Manufacturer
- Revenue, Cost, Inventory
- Oversee and coordinate day-to-day Sales and Costing matters.
- Monthly and annual closing of books. Balance Sheet reconciliation.
- Provide accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting data for Japan that is in compliance with Japan GAAP, US GAAP and company policy.
- Provide financial planning & analysis and all necessary financial reports for all sites to GM as a financial guidance to the business operation
- Ensure full compliance with local laws relating to statutory audit, tax, GST/VAT, etc.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
- Have a robust process of analyzing the financial results, identify and communicate deviations from plan.
- Make recommendations for potential solutions and improvements and support Finance Manager with timely and accurate financial data as and when required.
- Constantly evaluate risk areas and strengthen internal controls and where necessary develop additional processes to ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Partner effectively with the Finance Manager to drive results.
- Act as a sounding board and provide support on the financial decision and governance.
- Support Finance Manager for various project management (new IFRS accounting standards implementation or ad-hoc projects)
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Accounting or related fields
- More than 8 ~ 10 years of experience in accounting for a manufacturing environment
- Nissho Boki 2nd grade qualification
- Knowledge of ERP system is a must (Oracle or SAP is preferred)
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS will be an advantage
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication, interpersonal and team player skills to maintain good relationship with key stakeholders and ensure the service level is consistent
- Support cross functional activities which requires finance knowledge
- Challenging spirits to new roles with logical thinking
- Good communication skills both English and Japanese (Fluency in English both oral and written)
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel (VLOOKUP and Pivot tables are must), business systems, etc.
- Solid logical thinking and problem-solving skills with a comprehensive attitude of proactiveness, innovativeness and prudence
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Very organized and structured. Service minded and proactive. Target oriented and focused. Embracing any changes
[Preferred Experience, Skills and Abilities]
- Ensuring financial information are reported in compliance with both US and Japan reporting requirement
- Prior experience in Accounting / Audit firm is a plus
- promoting efficiency and effectiveness of the Internal Control in the operations
- Project Management experience
- Working capital control
- Periodical cash flow forecasting
- Annual budgeting and regular forecasting
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.