Global Industrial Equipment manufacturer
- Builds upon and maintains existing relationships by supporting the account team in selling the organization's products and services to an assigned set of customers or a geographic region.
- Supports account teams in the selling of the organization's products and services.
- Supports the account team to meet goals of increasing sales within assigned accounts.
- Responsible for supporting the account team in developing and maintaining positive customer relations.
- Coordinates internal communication and interfaces with the account team.
- Provides information to the account team to support the negotiation and implementation of contracts with accounts.
- Assists in organization of customer visits and negotiations
- Supports Customer Focus Six Sigma initiatives to strengthen relationship with customer.
- Coordinates communication and interfaces with the customer at appropriate levels.
- Act as a champion for the voice of the customer within the business
Channel Awareness - Ability to identify needs of global channel partners to support customers more effectively.
Product Knowledge - Knowledge of products and product lines. Able to represent the features and benefits of the products in terms a customer will understand. Knowledge of how the product functions and the source of the product, whether manufactured, purchased as a finished assembly from a supplier outside of the company, or remanufactured. Knowledge of technology used in complementary and/or competing product lines and the inherent benefits/exposures.
Account Planning - Able to identify support needs or service improvement needs of a customer. Can write goal statements that are specific, measurable, actionable, realistic and time based. Able to execute a strategy. Able to identify initiatives that will lead to achieving defined goals. Able to apply measures and track progress toward the goal. Familiar with Customer Market Profitability tools that can be utilized during account planning.
Financial Understanding - Ability to analyze data and perform basic calculations such as Gross Margin, NPV, discounting analysis, price elasticity, and breakeven. Able to formulate a business case to support an idea. Familiar with SOx regulations.
Communication skills - written & verbal - Effectively expresses messages and ideas in a clear, organized and relevant manner for a variety of audiences. Conveys thoughts and ideas regarding a topic concisely and clearly. Ability to communicate without increasing either the employee's or employer liability. Ability to communicate effectively to different levels of the organization. Ability to use appropriate communication tools as needed (WebEx, SameTime, video conferencing, teleconferencing, Visio, MS Project, etc.).
Manage Customer Relationships - Develops rapport, builds trust, and creates value in relationships with customers and channel partners. Identifies decision makers and those influential in the decision process and effectively communicates with them. In managing this relationship, displays core values (e.g. empathy, etc.) and is able to adequately interrogate matter to identify root concerns.
Manage Execution - Solid understanding of how to manage execution. Manages the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools. Delegates effectively and regularly with solid support and follow through. Uses defined processes to manage execution.
Managing Profitability - Understanding of the relative contributions of the multiple product lines in the business as well as the ability to develop and execute a product management plan that maximizes profitability of the business. If in a sales role, the person is capable of compiling and maintaining an account tracking document. This includes the capability to interrogate profitability results, product costs, et cetera and advise recommended actions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in marketing, sales or a related subject required or equivalent industry experience.
Basic relevant work experience required.
Japanese language proficiency
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.