※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
This position will be responsible for executing and managing the end-to-end Global Financial Crime Compliance (AML/CFT, Sanctions and Anti-corruption) programs in Japan, in line with Global compliance policies & procedures for company. This position will support implementation & local roll-out of GFCC programs by collaborating with global and local compliance SMEs. This position will support business groups and key stakeholders in ensuring the understanding of key regulatory requirements, including implication to business operations.
This position will also be responsible for maintaining the effectiveness of regulatory compliance programs in Japan in line with Japan regulatory requirements and expectations. As a critical component of the local regulatory compliance program, this position will develop up-to-date local compliance policies and procedures, and conduct trainings to the employees, by incorporating the latest regulatory requirements in rapidly changing business & regulatory environment. This position will also assess the effectiveness of daily operations for Japan by preparing, updating and analyzing various metrics and reports, and implement necessary quality controls measures, in line with Global policies and procedures as well as Japan regulatory requirements and expectations.
Success to this position is to possess an in-depth understanding of AML/CFT, Sanctions and pertinent regulatory requirements and operational processes to be able to provide effective advisory and consultation to the business groups and SMEs / key stakeholders within / outside Japan on local regulatory requirements; while ability to monitor and manage multiple assigned tasks for execution by the required due dates.
- Minimum 5 years of operations and/or investigation experiences involving AML/CFT process or financial crime area for Japan - hands-on experiences in credit, fraud, collections, or new accounts operations a plus.
- Strong understanding of the Japan AML regulatory requirements for retail consumer financial services or credit card business. Experience in dealing with compliance matters in the operations area.
- Strong understanding of credit card and/or retail consumer banking business models at a global financial institutions, with complex system & technology infrastructure and a matrix organizational structure.
- Strong understanding of internal controls. Hands-on experience or professional certifications in internal controls. Ability to identify control defects and develop remediation by reviewing & evaluating existing business processes.
- Ability to handle and manage accurate and complete data by effectively navigating multiple complex global-based operating systems. Ability to self-learn multiple complex global systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and writing, to be able to effectively develop regulatory policies & procedures and conduct training over the pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Experience in working effectively in a globally-complex matrix organization across diverse business groups and product lines.
- Proven leadership in executing process excellence across multiple areas, exercising effective influencing and persuading in delivering the desired outcome. Project management experience a plus.
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.