Global Software Company
The person filling the position needs to have substantial in in-house legal experience in Japan (preferably admitted in Japan) and provide general legal support to the Japan region with emphasis on sales transactional support.
- Draft and negotiate software license and services contracts and other commercial contracts within Japan.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Deal Management Team.
- Review and provide legal advice on commercial contract and provide recommendations based on a risk benefit analysis.
- Review and provide legal advice on privacy related documents.
- Ensure and proactively contribute to legal compliance with applicable laws and regulations in Japan, including competition law, FCPA and employment law.
- Provide training to the business principally on adherence to the our Business Conduct Guidelines, Competition laws and Work Rules.
- Provide legal advice on miscellaneous legal matters from time to time, including company law, competition law, export control, real estate, marketing matters, procurement matters, employment law matters and dispute resolution within Japan.
The candidate will:
- have at least 5 years of post-qualification experience, preferably with a multinational software company, and ideally be licensed to practice law in Japan.
- be excellent with reviewing and advising on English contracts and documents.
- be an experienced drafter who can manage and negotiate a variety of software and services agreements with large customers in Japan in a multi-tier resale model.
- possess strong business acumen and be able to apply legal principles in a commercial environment.
- be adept at managing numerous projects simultaneously under firm deadline pressure.
- be able to conduct non-adversarial, win-win negotiations with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, whilst adhering to our contracting policies and requirements.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.