Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan. Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
- Maintain the Control Environment
- Ensure that control environment is strictly implemented, by supporting organization with Control standards, including documentation expectations.
- Ensure all SOX controls are strictly enforced for each business, reinforcing both design and operational effectiveness and monitoring remediation plans on identified gaps
- Work with functions to define, implement and monitor remediation plans on identified gaps
- Assist with development of communication and training plans on internal control topics.
- Establish close working relationships with leadership across the functions.
- Provide support in implementing the new business mandatory controls. Help build awareness and reinforce the importance of a strong internal control environment.
- Establish close working relationship with the Global Internal Audit team as well as the global internal control support teams.
- Identify process issues within the organization, develop solutions, build support, and monitor execution plans for projects in implementation,
- Coordinate monitoring activities and review internal audit findings for potential internal control impacts and recommendations. Provide guidance to control owners for implementation of action plans.
- Establish close working relationships with external auditor with regard to all SOX related/internal control matters. Ensure appropriate resolution and agreement during each phase of annual process, i.e. documentation, walk-throughs and testing.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience, preferably in with some time in public accounting
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, work effectively with cross-functional partners and drive process improvement initiatives across an organization,
- Strong inter-cultural skills and eagerness to work in a global setting,
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills as well as communication skills to build commitment create adherence and report to management; proven ability to operate effectively under pressure and tight timeframes
- Polished communication skills, including proven ability to actively listen to the needs of the business units and comprehend complex matters. Ability to present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations to Senior Management.
Complexity and Problem Solving:
- Decisions are made daily to support and strengthen the control environment. Limited decisions related to budgetary spending
Internal and External Contacts
- Accountable to the Controller and CFO
- Partners with business unit leaders and our external auditor
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Flexible Work Styles: Flextime, Telework
- Allowances: Commutation, Housing, etc.
- Salary Increase: Annually
- Bonus Payment: Twice a year
- Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May Day, Year-End Holidays etc. (approx. 123 days in a year)
- Paid Leaves: Annual Paid Leave, Special Paid Leave, Refresh Leave, Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, Family Nursing Leave, Philanthropy Leave.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.