Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan.
- Strategic and functional leadership of the Indirect Material Purchasing team in Japan, establishing regional targets and plans in collaboration with the Business Units and the Regional Director of Indirect Purchasing
- Together with the Regional Director Indirect Purchasing liase to Global Indirect Purchasing Organization, participating in global strategy definition and related implementations.
- Work closely with the regional category peers to achieve key performance objectives as agreed annually with the regional purchasing organization.
- Frequent and open collaboration with other Purchasing Heads and exchange of Best-Practice approaches in regular regional purchasing conferences.
- Create action and stakeholder communication plans together to achieve targets and to address issues/concerns.
- Ensure indirect buyers are equipped with appropriate skills and tools to successfully perform their job
- Drive productivity, quality and delivery objectives through negotiations, supplier transitions, make insource/outsource analysis, regional sourcing, and supplier idea generation.
- Drive continuous improvement in team leadership and Indirect Strategic Sourcing management processes.
- Understand the organization's strategic direction and align Indirect Purchasing strategies to achieve company objectives
- Liaise between category management and Business Unit Stakeholders to promote the functional value, support Business Unit budgeting, facilitate understanding of Business Unit needs in category teams and solicit buy-in to category strategies and projects.
- Pro-actively apply in Japan and support the integrated regional KPI planning, target setting, implementation and reporting by using the standardized tools and systems and participating in the related communication events.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Indirect Purchasing of a diversity of categories
- Profound understanding of the group's business needs and priorities
- Experience working with all levels within the organization and has established a high-level of credibility both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a major change strategy
- Results oriented Self Starter and Pro-active
- Organized with the ability to lead multiple teams and initiatives
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team player with strong interpersonal and organizational (Organizational Change Management) skills
- SAP Process Orientation
- Analytically competent.
- Minimum 10 years progressively responsible experience with a proven track record in Indirect Purchasing
- Experienced in intercultural collaboration in modern MNCs, being able to create results teaming across country borders and different mentalities
- Experience in managing supply chain professionals.
- Experience defining and executing commodity strategies
- Presenting work results in concise communication style and corporate format (ppt)
- Ability to create result in independent workstyle based on company guidelines
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills (selection, training, set up, coaching, MBO)
- Results oriented; getting things done
- Ability to establish trusting relationships within a team.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Self-starter, possessing high degree of self-motivation, bias for action.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills (planning, execution, reporting, presentation)
- Ability to define and execute commodity strategies
- Ability to work in an international team environment.
- Ability to understand the organization's strategic direction and align Indirect Purchasing strategies to achieve company objectives.
- Very good command of English, written and spoken. Chinese language skills appreciated
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders and drive internal customer satisfaction
- Bachelor/Master degree or advanced studies on the field of any commercial major and/or business administration
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.