Tier1 Foreign FMCG company
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Identify key needs in Commercial, IoT, and BI spaces, lead creation, end-to-end implementation and adoption of solutions
- Engage IT leadership in Japan to drive the adoption of aligned solutions in the organizations;
- Provide subject matter expertise in systems, process and data relating to projects in the customer and commercial area.
- Establishment of best practices in business transformation through digitalization.
- Simplified/Streamlined business processes & practices with documentation
- Customer & Commercial and IoT solutions implementation that meet established criteria for business value, cost, time-to-deliver, SLAs & scalability
- Working with multi-functional and colleagues in commercial/BI to define requirements in an iterative manner, leveraging story boards & prototypes with an agile mind-set.
- Defining and maintaining a product roadmap for the relevant IT solutions to deliver.
- Project lead with multi-functional, multi-national, regional, business units to manage & deliver the agreed solutions, sprints & releases within the timeline & budget.
- Manage the development of the relevant solutions with the development team, operating within the prescribed architecture of the company.
- Personally lead the testing and issue resolution and launch of the product/ releases.
- Drive adoption of the solution and value realization with the multifunctional colleagues.
- Transitioning the solution into steady state mode at the right time.
Main areas of scope:
a) Digital Commerce
- Business to Business (B2B)
- Business to Consumer (B2C)
- Online to offline (O2O)
- Online execution survey (eRED)
- Payment Solutions
b) Customer & Commercial Execution
- Sales force automation (SFA) & execution
- Customer Service Excellence
- Alternative channels & Routes-to-Market (RTM)
- BI solution
The candidate will be an excellent communicator with a strong track record of delivering projects, organized and self-driven. The candidate needs to be comfortable in matrixed, dispersed organization structures with good communication skills to collaborate internally with multi-functional and multi-national colleagues and IT; and externally with IT vendors and partners. Fluency in Japanese language and culture and business-level English are critical to the role's success.
The following is a listing of minimum indicated requirements for this job.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Data Science, Business, or related field.
- 5+ years of work experience in IT, ideally FMCG or an IT consulting working with FMCG clients in Japan
- Understanding of FMCG industry and the Commercial / BI functions within an FMCG business
- Demonstrated strong communications and influencing skills across multiple stakeholders, functions, companies and countries
- Strong track record of delivery of technology projects
- Working knowledge of software development life-cycle management, particularly Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Management and negotiation with multiple vendors ranging from technology providers through to implementation support and service and operations support
- Exposure to and/or experience with any 2-3 the following technology sets:
- SFA and store audit solutions. Image recognition-based technologies would be a plus
- Salesforce Sales and Service Cloud
- eCommerce platforms for B2B (B2C, B2B2C, DTC desirable)
- Payment solutions
- IoT technologies such as sensors, beacons, RFID, etc
- Business Intelligence solutions in enterprise environment
- Fluent Japanese is a must
- Willing to take frequent conference calls out of regular office hours
- Ability to travel
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.