Global Insurance Firm
We are searching for an exceptional candidate who has practical hands-on experience in Android application development. The successful candidate is expected to work proactively in a small, agile, fast growing, and multi-cultural development team
- Work closely with product management and design teams to create innovative applications on the Android platform.
- Develop new applications, design, implement features and functionality.
- Design, code, and debug the Android app - you'll own your feature work end-to-end.
- Focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively.
- Work with outside data sources and API's
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, high-performance, consumer-facing products.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Work as part of an Agile/Scrum based development team to achieve sprint deliverables and acceptance criteria
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Onboard and mentor new team members
- 5+ years in relevant work experience.
- 5+ years building Android applications.
- Required: Conversational level in English or Japanese
- Have experience with low level Android development.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Understanding of Android Design Principles
- Experience with RESTful API access, handling JSON and XML
- Experience with Android Platform APIs and 3rd party libraries.
- Experience with app development for multiple screen sizes
- Experience in understanding code bases, including API design techniques.
- Knowledge of Java and Android internals, such as multi-threading, memory management and caching.
- Experience with Automated Testing
- Proficiency using a modern version control system to accomplish release and configuration management
- Be eager to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Some experience in Android application development
- Published iOS Apps on AppStore
- Experience developing and shipping mobile apps and/or mobile devices.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team.
- Experience working in teams implementing agile development methodologies such as SCRUM.
- Fast growing, multi-cultural, international team
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title.
- Exposure to the latest data analytics and machine-learning technologies.
- Work/Life Balance: we honor great work and producing great deliverables. Not sitting in the office all day and night.
- Opportunities: variety, innovation and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day.
7 Million yen ~ 10 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
※Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.