Global Cloud Service Company
One of our clients is looking for a talented Network infrastructure engineer to work onsite with them for their cloud service related business.
- Working closely with field technicians, ISPs, customers, equipment vendors, and internal operations and engineering staff during post and pre-install stages of deployment projects.
- Responsible for designing, deploying, configuring and maintaining networks
- Remotely diagnose hardware problems, facilitate server repairs, and manage the company's hardware assets.
- Recruit, train, and manage field technicians.
- Project-manage new server deployments and network installations, work closely with Network Architects, Network Engineers, Contract Managers, and Operations staff.
- Specify hardware configurations to meet requirements of new and existing service offerings.
- Diagnose and repair network, switch, and router problems.
- Identify, assess, track, and mitigate issues and risks.
- Anticipate bottlenecks and manage escalations.
- Occasionally work in non-office hours for network changes is require
- Unix/Linux command-line experience.
- Needs at least Business level in both Japanese and English.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or commensurate experience
- 4-5 years of hands-on network/server HW experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Japanese
- Strong layer 2 troubleshooting skills and conceptually strong as regards layer 3
- Comfortable with Linux and hardware systems support in an Internet operations environment
- Familiarity with routers and managed switches
- Should be experienced in large-scale data center hardware deployments and building scaling infrastructure
- Excellent ability to organize information and effectively communicate it.
- Ability to anticipate risk and plan contingencies.
- Exposure to project management
~ 7 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
※Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.