Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan.
This role will be responsible for the accuracy of the accounting books in Japan, and comply with both US GAAP and local statutory requirements, in a timely manner. We are looking for someone who is passionate about process improvement (ie. accounting process efficiency and effectiveness) and challenging the status quo. Also, we are looking for someone who can drive results independently, and at the same time work with business partners collaboratively.
What You Will Experience：
Procure to Pay (P2P)
- Ensure sufficient liquidity for local operations, request funding when required
- Prepare vouchers for vendor payments
- Prepare payments for employees and vendors via online banking
- Bank reconciliation
- Review of employee expense reports in Concur
- Process distributor's invoices via Coupa
Record to Report (R2R)
- Generate accounting entries and upload monthly trial balance to SAP
- Perform monthly closing in Yayoi and SAP, investigate and resolve any discrepancies between the two systems
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and analyze B/S fluctuations
- Provide support to the Finance Manager in the provisioning for credit returns destruction of goods and margin discounts
- Be the point of contact for any accounting or tax queries
- Liaise with the local accounting provider on local statutory reporting requirements
- Review the local tax compliance work, including income tax, consumption tax and property tax filings.
- Complete quarterly tax provision in OneSource
Commercial Finance / FP&A
- Generate weekly / monthly depletion/inventory reports
- Discount, SG&A and A&P analyzing and reporting
- Provide support to Japan Finance Manager for any financial analysis, planning and management reporting requirements
- Assist in quarterly projections
- Partner with the Finance Manager to ensure internal control procedures and global accounting policies are being followed by the whole organization
- Complete quarterly testing of distributors' recommendations recharges per Internal Audit
- Identify gaps and explore opportunities to improve process efficiency and systemimplementation (SAP Lite)
- Provide translation assistance to the Japanese field team when working with US headquarter's requests, when needed
We Are Looking For People Who Has：
- Accounting degree, CPA or near completion
- Excellent oral and written communications skills - Fluency in English required
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent PC skills in Excel
- Experience in the FMCG or liquor industry preferred
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Nissho Boki 2nd Grade
- SAP experience
- Yayoi experience
- Experience in the FMCG or liquor industry
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.