Life Science Company
The Legal Counsel's key responsibilities include:
Business partnering, Contracting, Communication materials review, Compliance investigation, Process implementation and ownership, Process optimization, and Nurturing compliance culture
Main job tasks:
- Business partnering: Enable business leaders to make intelligent risk taking and achieve growth objectives in all aspects of business activities (e.g., R&D, new product launch, marketing, sales, distribution, production, business development, human relations, external communications) based on clear-eyed assessments of risk and rewards while protecting the company from major legal, compliance, and reputational risks; it includes legal advice on laws, regulations and/or industry codes regarding our business (e.g., contract, tort, intellectual property, corporate, fair competition, privacy, data, clinical research, labor and employment, anti-bribery, product safety, complaint handling, dispute resolution)
- Contracting: Advising on, drafting, reviewing, and approving, and negotiating on various types of contracts (e.g., clinical trial, post market study, investigator sponsored study, joint research, wholesaler and distribution, employment, procurement, alliance) to enable business leaders in the company to achieve growth initiatives while protecting the company from major legal, compliance, and reputational risks
- Communication materials review: Advising on, reviewing and approving external communication materials (e.g., promotional material, press release, medical and/or scientific communication material) and/or activities to make sure such materials and/or activities are in compliant with applicable laws, regulations, industry codes and internal policies through effective coordination with Global Pharma Law team and local business leaders
- Compliance investigation: Lead and conduct investigations on compliance related allegations or concerns including (i) interviewing, (ii) investigation memo drafting, (iii) case reporting through Compliance Hotline system and (iv) informing and managing global stakeholders like Audit Committee Secretariat
- Process implementation and ownership: Plan, lead, and execute the implementation of the Personal Information Protection Act and the Clinical Research Act to make sure our operates in compliant with the law through effective coordination with global stakeholders, Global Pharma Law team, and local business leaders
- Process optimization: Identify opportunities for optimizing existing processes and policies, and plan, lead, and execute optimization projects (digitization, automation, and simplification) to achieve more simplicity and agility for both Legal & Compliance team and business leaders while maintaining required level of control
- Bachelor's degree required; Law degree preferred
- Lawyer qualification (Japan or other jurisdictions) required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience at law firm or legal division in a company required. Preferably within the pharma or medical device industry.
- Fluent Japanese and English proficiency (written & verbal)
- Legal mind (logical thinking, rule-based approach, interpretation, application)
- Clear & logical communication (written & verbal) including reporting, presentation, and documentation skill to integrate facts, data, and evidence into one message that enables business leaders to take action or make informed decision in an efficient manner
- Project management skill including planning, starting, leading, and finishing a project
- Passion for integrity
- Passion for learning and personal development
- Curiosity in healthcare industry
- Self-starter; proactive mindset and behavior
- Knowledge on healthcare regulation / industry code preferred
probation period 4months
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.