Head of People and Organization
1. Organization Development/Effectiveness
- Work closely with the Site Head and the site Lead Team members in the development and implementation of the Business plan, highlighting and helping to address HR-related business opportunities or weaknesses.
- Translate the site long and short term objectives into HR strategic and operational plans.
- As a Business Partner, ensure that the implementation of a cohesive HR strategy is in line with the overall NTO and site strategy.
- Drive OTR, TTS and succession planning processes to strengthen the site organization capabilities.
- Drive other key HR processes such as performance management, promotion and career sessions together with the Site Head and other function heads.
- Proactively apply organizational diagnostic expertise to analyze and identify potential design improvements, providing change management support to transformation and restructuring efforts.
- Drive cultural change and foster diversity and inclusion within NTO.
2. People Development
- Together with the site Head and function heads, drive leadership development and skills and capability enhancement of the site associates.
- Coach site Lead Team members and support them in their coaching and mentoring activities in their teams.
- Plan effective training and development for all associates, following learning priorities and guidelines in line with NTO, site and HR strategies of Japan.
- Provide necessary trainings
- Manage internal cultural communication, especially around HR-sensitive issues (values, advancement, motivation etc.).
3. Hiring & Staffing
- Provide strategic and tactical workforce planning
- Develop strategy, processes and standards for recruiting, selection, and staffing activities.
- Hire capable persons in a timely manner
- Drive staffing searches and placements.
4. Providing HR Services
- Be an active member of the site Lead Team member and proactively establish strong relationship with client group to understand their needs and requirements and challenges.
- Contract and set expectations with the Site Head and site Lead Team Members on what services HR will provide and what services the Line will own.
- Drive/participate in budget planning discussion.
- Ensure rewards packages are crafted to attract and retain key talent necessary to achieve the NTO goals, in close cooperation with the respective C&B expert(s) of NPKK.
- Drive personnel cost planning, performing periodic cost and productivity analyses to support Finance and the Line in maintaining workforce budget.
- Ensure adherence to relevant labor and employment law and, when necessary, manage labor relation, including relations with external labor organizations.
- Ensure compliance with legal framework, SOX requirements, etc.
- Sponsor/ initiate key HR projects.
- Ensure adoption and adherence to NVS HR practices and policies, assuring the transparency.
- Drive actions to ensure HR KPIs are achieved.
- Ensure compliance and initiates corrective measures in case of deviations.
- As a Business Owner of NOSSCE Training & Communication Process, provide associates with NOSSCE integrated
business process and support the corresponding NOSSCE process owner to maintain Class A operation in its responsible areas.
Japanese : Fluent in speaking and writing
English : Business level in speaking and writing
1. Good knowledge of labor laws and other related laws.
2. Wide range of experience in HR areas such as compensation, hiring, organization development, talent management. Generalist or business partner experience in the past is preferable.
3. Good understanding of the pharma business and solid industry knowledge is preferable.
4. As a member of lead team of the site, general management skills, strong leadership, coaching skills, strategic thinking, good communication skills, good judgment, driving changes are necessary.
5. Act as a modern day leader with abilities to engage and motivate people, delivering strong results with and empowered teams.