- Manage and conduct a broad range of integrated audits including audits of financial, operational, information technology. Determine the scope, objectives, and procedures for assigned internal audits and document information to support observations and conclusions.
- Review and evaluate the Sarbanes-Oxley Program for sufficiency of the design and effectiveness of internal controls. Manage and conduct relevant SOX testing of business process and information technology general controls.
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the areas being reviewed. Recommend appropriate solutions for process and control improvement, cost savings or recoveries and value creation.
- Develop accurate and well-written Internal Audit Reports and present to management on observations and recommendations. Follow up on corrective action taken to address reported Internal Audit observations.
- Maintain a good knowledge of current Internal Audit tools and techniques; develop and implement new methodologies that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of Internal Audit services.
- Manage and perform other Internal Audit activities or special projects as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology, or other related areas or equivalent combination of formal education and directly related experience.
- 6+ years total professional experience in internal audit, finance/accounting, internal controls, or manufacturing operations.
- Fluency in oral and written Japanese and English is required.
- Strong experience or knowledge of SAP, proficiency with Microsoft Office or data analysis software preferred.
- Experience at a multi-national company that is subject to US public company regulations preferred.
- MBA or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred.
Job Level Specifications
- Skilled in identifying and prioritizing business risks, analyzing impact of risks, and arriving at logical recommendations
- Solid knowledge of auditing/accounting theory and practices, financial analysis and reporting, and internal control framework
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage, respond efficiently and effectively to time critical issues with competing/conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated leadership competencies with the ability to work and communicate effectively across all levels and functions within the business with strong initiative, mature judgment, professionalism, adaptability and a customer service orientation
- Self‐starter and action oriented with attention to details