Japanese housing equipment manufacturer
Based at the Corporation's headquarters in Tokyo, the role serves as a core member in the Corporate Communications Group, working to enhance and protect reputation of our corporate brand globally. Reporting to the Group Leader, Corporate Communications, the role will interface with external stakeholders such as media as well as internal stakeholders such as corporate functions including Corporate Responsibility (CR), HR, Legal, and Finance as a Japan business partner and a global CR communications specialist. Core responsibilities include developing and supporting implementation of communication programs, and managing and developing relationships with key external stakeholders such as media. In particular, CR is increasingly becoming important for enhancing our brand image and reputation in Japan and globally, and we need to strengthen capabilities in developing and implementing corporate programs around key areas such as global sanitation and hygiene, and communicating those activities to deliver against our commitments.
- Work with businesses and functions to develop communications strategies and campaigns to ensure the company's vision, strategies and key initiatives are successfully communicated to external stakeholders;
- Manage proactive and reactive media relations in Japan including with correspondents of international media on corporate issues, in order to build positive awareness and recognition of our company among target audiences;
- Liaise effectively with the CR and Social Sanitation Initiatives teams to align strategy, source story and messaging content, and coordinate on ongoing external communications engagements;
- Develop external communication strategy of CR, update CR content for corporate external channels, e.g.: corporate website, social media etc.
1. Minimum Level of Education: University Degree mandatory
B. Essential Skills/Knowledge
- Project leadership and management skills; ability to be a strategic thinker, solid collaborator, and executor of plans
- Good business understanding and organizational awareness
- Understanding of the global CR landscape, key global CR issues and best practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English
C. Job-Related Experience
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required
- Graduate with a minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate communications or media with proven or clearly demonstrated experience in the key disciplines of external communications, as well as writing and editing.
D. Other Job-Related Skills/Background
- High personal accountability, credibility and integrity.
- Understanding of external business environment and corporate agenda including competitor activities.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, capable of developing productive relationships externally and with internal colleagues.
- Experience working in global organizations across multiple geographies and cultures, with highly developed cultural awareness.
- Resilient, proactive, flexible and self-motivated person, able to remain focused in a matrix organization, stay calm under pressure and prioritize work with minimal supervision.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.