※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required native level Japanese.
【Localization×ゲーム / 英語から日本語へのローカライゼーション経験要】
As Localization Producer, you aspire to delight players with a language that resonates with them. You understand that localization does not mean translation and you guard the quality bar closely, always pushing things to the next level. You're artistic, able to write like a poet, and have a long-term strategic point of view about how our language taste and style should be. You'll optimize our content localization process and identify ways to scale it while meeting player experience expectations.
You'll join a small team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Web, Marketing, Publishing, Community, Player Support and eSports, our Tokyo office is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Japanese players they aren't lost in translation.
- Manage localization projects and assist in planning future plans by creating localized contents, assessing timelines for content releases, managing cost and resources, and monitoring for cultural or technical issues.
- Analyze process and resource issues and develop and implement a strategic plan for future improvements.
- Work with internal teams, external vendors and partners to tackle each phase of localization, including translation, recording, integration and QA. At times, negotiate costs and timelines, manage high standards and quality while keeping everyone's motivation high.
- Work in tandem with different stakeholders to improve localization quality of our all content and foster collaboration between multiple regional and overseas teams.
- Oversee regional and global localization processes and tools, and suggest iteration paths to keep them running at max efficiency.
- Foster collaboration between multiple regional and central stakeholders
- Fantastic communication skills： you've spent 4+ years in a dedicated localization role or equivalent using fluent Japanese and at least near fluent in English language skills as well as extensive knowledge about Japanese culture. Preferable localization experiences are English to Japanese, not the opposite or in other languages. You have a clear sense about what good taste and a high quality content looks like.
- A capable project manager： you have extensive experience in leading, growing, and evolving projects by excellent time management and orchestration skills. You communicate and work effectively to meet tight deadlines, not only with local and internal stakeholders, but also with global colleagues as well as external vendors and business partners.
- Publishing company experience： you have worked in a publishing (or developer) company to manage, lead and orchestrate vendors. You have the experience of requesting and assessing work completion in a timely manner at a great quality, not just receiving such requests.
- Stylistic： you have extensive knowledge about gaming, literature, and movie languages; you know how to use words to further shape our products to premium level, not just accurate translations. Your passion and interests in this field are clear and proven.
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.