※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based scientific expert that strategically supports the medical and scientific objectives of company's product/s across the product/s life cycle. He/she is a peer scientific expert who communicates accurate and applicable science to Healthcare Practitioners (HCPs) within a geographic area. In addition, MSL manages and maintains collegial and professional relationships with HCPs and identifies and facilitates collaboration opportunities with company. The MSL combines strong business acumen and clinical expertise and serves as a peer-to-peer liaison internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain peer-to-peer collaborations and relationships with key medical experts in a relevant therapeutic area within the assigned geographic region.
- Collaborate with physicians on medical affairs initiatives including publications, Companysponsored research (CSR), regional advisory boards, regional medical education opportunities, training and speaker development programs.
- Serve as scientific peer-to-peer resource to disease experts in applicable therapeutic area. Support the medical community with up-to-date medical information, robust disease expertise and product information.
- Communicate expert opinions and feedback on new data to Company's Medical Affairs and therapeutic area franchises.
- Provide medical and scientific input into the planning and execution of regional advisory boards and work with physician experts to review speaker presentations and provide medical references where requested.
- Respond to unsolicited medical information requests in the region, manage questions and liaise with headquarters personnel to ensure proper response has been provided and that data is fair and balanced.
- Support clinical initiatives including site identification, trial recruitment, registry and presentation of final approved data.
- Work with regional government affairs and managed care account teams to deliver presentations in support of patient access.
- Understand local initiatives on disease and treatment guidelines.
- Serve as internal expert in specific therapeutic area demonstrating up-to-date and high level therapeutic expertise. Train our staff on key scientific and medical topics in relevant therapeutic area.
- Depending upon therapeutic area, develop an understanding of the regional landscape including specialties involved in care of patients in that area & other landscape mapping activities.
- Maintain compliance with all internal and external legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Other duties upon request including special projects.
- Substantial industry experience (>5 years).
- Robust and current experience in relevant therapeutic areas relating to drugs in development, recently-launched and marketed biologics/ therapies.
- Candidates must have well-established networks and active relationships with KOLs focused on relevant therapeutic area.
- Experience in metabolic diseases, bone diseases and enzyme replacement therapy is strongly preferred.
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Energetically embraces responsibilities, demonstrates ability to achieve goals
- Has a strong personal initiative, and functions well as part of a cross-functional team
- Exhibits excellent time management and able to work independently
- Travel within region 3-4 days per week with 1-2 office days per week
- Required travel to medical meetings, team meetings and other group meetings (will require some weekends -possible 6 /year).
- Master's degree, PharmD, or PhD in sciences, or equivalent scientific background
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.