※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
The Medical Affairs Manager prepares a medical plan, which serves as the basis of medical activities of company as a whole, and carries it out in cooperation with MSL and the other Medical team (Medical Communication/Medical Operation) in the head office. Moreover, the division copes with the key opinion leaders on the national level (top medical KOL) to execute the medical plan.
The main works are to realize the medical plan through Scientific Exchange (SE; non-promotion activities) on the basis of the relationship constructed with top medical KOLs and related academic societies, and to maximize the potential of the products for patients in cooperation with various internal departments.
The abilities required to carry out the duties include sophisticated knowledge of medicine and pharmacy, relevant knowledge including medical system, scientific and logical mindset, ability to carry out works, communication skills, negotiation skills, and morality.
- Preparation and implementation of medical plan (3 years)
- Selection of top medical KOLs and preparation and promotion of the communication plan with each top medical KOL
- Planning and implementation of MA events such as advisory board (Ad-B)
- Planning and promotion of Company Sponsored Research (CSR)
- Works related to Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) / Collaborative Study
- Planning and implementing Patient Support Program (PSP)
- Communication with Patient Advocacy Organization (PAO)
- Responsible for participating in pricing and Health Technology
- Collects unmet medical needs and potential needs through interview with health professionals, prepares reports, and shares them with related departments
- Provides education and lecture slide review for the persons who play some roles in the lecture meeting with the aim of carrying out appropriate company activities according to the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Law and the rules of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Shares information related to MA head office (Medical KOL, Medical Plan, Communication Plan, MA Event) with the marketing division with the aim of maximizing company activities.
- Scientific degree (Ph.D. or Master) or other equivalent experience required, minimum of 4 years in the pharmaceutical or the biotech industry (or experience with biological product).
- Background / experience with nephrology or Hematology definite plus
- Orphan diseases knowledge/experience a definite plus
- Demonstrated ability to influence important customers, challenge common perceptions and implement medical affairs tools to improve patient care and outcomes
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific and technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and effectively evaluate medical/scientific literature and develop effective medical strategies and communication strategies.
- Experience of early and late clinical development.
- Experience in leading teams and managing people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both local language and in English
- Computer skills
- Adaptability to multicultural environment.
- Strong team player
- Ability to work independently and as a member of cross-functional teams
- Identify priorities and managing deliverables
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and negotiating skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits composure under intense situations
- Must demonstrate an energy and enthusiasm which brings a positive approach to all challenges and fosters the idea that nothing is impossible.
- Willing to travel
- Ability to cope with high pressure and stress
- Sense of ethics and responsibility
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.