※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
- This position, reporting to the Sr. Country Medical Director, Japan, is the head of Liver Medical Affairs team including MSLs and in-house medical managers.
- In close communication and collaboration with the headquarters and the Medical Affairs of Asia Pacific and other Regions, this Liver Medical Affairs Director has a full responsibility to provide scientific/medical guidance during the clinical trials, regulatory document review as appropriate, launch preparation, execution of post-marketing medical activities and life-cycle management in cross-functional manner. Especially efficient and effective cross-functional collaboration is extremely important. Primary responsibilities are as follow:
- Manage and professionally develop medical managers, field (associate) director and MSLs including hiring, training, evaluation, motivation, and disciplinary activities in alignment with the company's corporate strategies and objectives. Provide strong leadership to motivate region and team to achieve excellent results
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in his/her respective therapeutic area. Thus, high learning agility is expected
- Manage regular communication with KOLs and clinical trial investigators to provide medical guidance, more extensive background, and additional data or answers to questions in response to issues that arise relative to commercial, scientific or data needs.
- Collaborate with clinical, regulatory affairs and commercial teams, but not limited to, in multiple areas including publication planning, speaker education programs, regional consultant meetings, manuscript review and conference preparation. Previous launch experience is critical.
- Attend most major conferences and helps coordinate medical affairs activities at conferences and may present to external audience.
- Participate in review of study protocols and supports design when appropriate.
- Support the safety information assessment and reporting in collaboration with the PVE, Post-marketing Survey group and others, upon request.
- Manage projects to completion, anticipating obstacles and difficulties that may arise, resolving them in a collaborative manner.
- In collaboration with L&D department, support to maintain and further develop newest scientific knowledge and relevant communication skills among medical affairs staffs.
- Represent the Japan Liver Medical Affairs teams to global or external stakeholders.
- As a member of Japan Medical Affairs Leadership Team, he/she must cooperate with Sr. Country Medical Director to develop all people in Medical Affairs organization, to enhance performance of Medical Affairs in all TA.
- Ensure that all interactions and activities in Japan adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
- The ideal candidate will have Advanced degree in life science (PhD, Pharm D, MD) with 2+ years of clinical and research experience
- Must have industry experience including new product launch experience
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in people management is strongly preferred.
- The individual must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills both in Japanese and English along with excellent judgment and ability to work in a team environment.
- Hands-on involvement is a must (effective use of external resources)
- Experience of field-based employee, especially as manager, is plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, and time management skills required; must be adaptable and able to work well within a team and relate effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Able to inspire a team to excel by fostering a climate of energy, excitement and personal accountability
- Demonstrated leadership in ambiguous situations
- Ability to partner with key internal stakeholders to understand key objectives and to drive plans that achieve or exceed these
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.