※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
Medical strategy: Medical output for clinical development plans and brand plans
Adapting global strategy plans to Japan market and communicating with APAC/HQ
KOL engagement (local) especially for clinical development stage
(MSLs may not be able to answer all inquiries received from KOLs, so the Medical Manager needs to step in and support the MSLs/ communicate directly with KOLs
6 products, 3 are in clinical development stages
The Medical Manager (MM) is a medical/science based role whose main objectives are to:
1.capture, digest, update, summarize, and provide the vaccine related medical and scientific information to internal/external stakeholders (scientific communities, KOLs, regulatory authorities) with impact in the value proposition of the company assets.
2.exhibit a high degree of scientific and medical knowledge, i.e. a robust knowledge of diseases, vaccinology, product development, clinical trials, safety to drive the value proposition of the company assets.
3.organize and lead the medical advisory board of key opinion leaders to bring the answers and insight on clinical / medical questions for the company
4.exhibit a high degree of knowledge of healthcare and payer environment, medical practice and regulatory frameworks, public health priorities, and vaccine guideline development
5.facilitate timely, appropriate, balanced, credible, robust, long-term scientific exchanges with influential external experts and decision-makers to enhance the understanding of the scientific and medical value of our products with no sharing of product promotional information
6.drive and lead the clinical program of which medical function is responsible (post marketing and a product registered in other countries but new to local)
7.drive and lead the discussion/negotiation with regulatory authorities such as Ministry of Health.
8.develop robust evidence generation plans to enhance the value of our products in a real-world setting
9.demonstrate operational understanding and risk management by ensuring excellence in execution of all governance processes; including Medical review and approval of promotional and non-promotional materials
10.develop insights that deepen our understanding of the needs of patients, consumers, regulators, payers, and healthcare providers and proactively identifies unmet needs
11.provide the training and education of medically related topics to internal customers including MSLs, and commercial teams
12.set the medical strategy with Medical Director and medical team
In addition, the MM is expected to build strong internal relationships with colleagues in Commercial Operations, while maintaining full compliance with all relevant company, industry, legal, and regulatory requirements. The insights gained by the MM while engaging with KOLs are to be shared with the broader organization in order to contribute to the enhancement of messages, plans, and strategy.
The MM will leverage existing educational slide decks developed internally and will follow all applicable internal procedures for the review and approval of any education material he/she adapts.
- Drive Engages external stakeholders(Key Opinion Leaders; KOLs) on medical and scientific information exhibiting excellent scientific and clinical knowledge
- Drive and lead the clinical program of which medical function is responsible
- Supports evidence-generation activities by aiding in data acquisition and identifying opportunities for further data collection
- Collaborates routinely and effectively with internal stakeholders
- M.D(Or Ph.D w/ Medical speciality in infectious diseases, vaccinology, immunology, public health, or paediatrics preferred, but not must)
- at least 3 years in clinical practice
- research experience in related areas is preferred
- experience in industry at least three years is preferred (if a candidate does not have the industory experience, paediatrics/vaccine or related TA background is must)
- Scientific Excellence: Proficient
- Clinical Excellence: Competent
- Operational Excellence & Risk Management: Proficient
- Public Health Value-driven Access: Proficient
- Lifecycle management: Competent
- Business Insights: Proficient
- Business Development: Basic
- Communication Excellence: Master
- Japanese language proficiency: required
- English proficiency: required
- TOEIC >850
- High level English language skills are required including speaking, writing, discussing, and presenting
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.