※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
We are seeking a Field Service Engineer II based near Tokyo Japan.
We are a leading developer and manufacturer of products that service the Pharmaceutical, Research, and Agricultural industries. Our customers range from renowned academic institutions and government laboratories, to the world's leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology and clinical research organizations.
The Field Service Engineer II identifies, analyzes, and repairs field product failures. On a typical day the Engineer:
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains products/equipment
- Identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed
- Research and answer customer questions about product features, issues and upgrades
- Performs start up testing and customer training on features and general maintenance of product
- Has solid knowledge of the organization's products and services
- Provides onsite and remote technical support to our customers
- Performs customer user training
- Contributes to the R&D aspects of projects by presenting the Service perspective
- Has knowledge of the organization's products and services
- Provide on-site field service, repairs, and quality checks
- Provide remote support via phone, e-mail, and computer
- Troubleshoot electrical to the circuit board level
- Troubleshoot mechanical to the component level
- Clearly and accurately complete documentation on time
- Perform Installations and de-installations
- User Trainings
- PMs and SATs
- Follow laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customers' site safety code
- Responsible to learn, know, and adhere to department and company standards and procedures
- Build professional strong working relationships with customers and companies
- Utilizing D365 write Service Reports, RMAs, and Post Production Complaints
- Work with Technical Support Specialists to ensure service documentation is fit for purpose
- Travel up to 50%
■Essential Skills & Experience
- A high level of self-motivation to assist customers, sales, and service people to overcome any problems that they may have which relate to our instruments in a timely manner
- Familiarity with automation in cold environments (-20C and -80C)
- Excellent communication skills, which are appropriate for a customer-facing role
- Be hardworking and enthusiastic with exceptional attention to detail
- Be able to make decisions and act for customers based on knowledge and experience
- Be capable of working under pressure without compromise
- Be capable of working independently and in a team
- Be able to travel and be flexible subject to Business requirements
- Position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time
- Willingness to work additional hours and the flexibility to work overtime as and when required
■Education and Experience or Equivalent
- Two to four years of related experience
- Degree in Engineering or similar discipline or equivalent professional experience-based knowledge
- Experience in automation, robotics, or similar fields, is essential
- Experience working with customers in the life science/clinical/pharmaceutical field would be an advantage
- Beckhoff Twin CAT, Elmo Studio, Vision Systems, and barcode reading would be an advantage.
- Microsoft Windows environment, Active directory, SQL databases, IP addressing, Remote Desktop
- Protocols, and Driver Support would also be an advantage
- Being fluent in English with at least a 740 of TOEIC score.
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.