※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
Statistician (STAT) is a key player of conducting observational/database research in Medical division of company. Therefore, STAT surely plays the following roles. STAT directly reports to the director of Data Science, EOR.
1. Support/advice Company SS from a statistical point of view
To gives advises about the study design, method, endpoints, and analysis from an epidemiological point of view and support for observational/database research by providing effective inputs.
2. Assessment of study endpoints/study design
To review the plan/report of observational/database research from a statistical point of view
3. Making/review for analysis plan
To make statistical analysis plans of observational/database research. To implement innovative methodology (eg. machine learning) in studies.
4. Calculation of sample size
To calculate the appropriate sample size in each study.
5. Assess bias in each study and propose the method to minimize bias
To assess bias (eg. selection bias) and investigate method of minimizing it
- Statistician/Statistical programmer in clinical development
- Research for statistical methodology
- Master degree in Engineering, Science (Math, Physics, informatics) or equivalent (individuals holding MD/Public health/pharmaceutical science degree may be acceptable
- Professional Data Engineer
- Read/write scientific documents including data speculation in English/Japanese
- Communicate, and discuss IT/bioinformatics topics with the key stakeholders and experts in English/Japanese practically
- Make a English presentation leading and facilitating the IT discussions in the global meetings
- Make training plan about applications
- Harmonize process with global
- Communicate with external experts to search for suitable computer environment in company
- Learn new methodology and knowledge with respect to machine learning and neural network
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Experience in reviewing, assessing and using Real-World data for the research purposes to address clinical / research questions
- Networking, integrating and using EMR(electronic medical records)/EHR(electronic health record) data for the clinical / epidemiological research
- Using / applying bioinformatics methodologies to analyze medical big data / database / scientific research outcomes
- Health Technology Assessment in building models, estimating Health Care resources, analyzing the health economics/technology and crafting value propositions
- PhD in Biostatistics is desirable.
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.