Global Healthcare Company
- Provide legal counsel, strategic guidance and support to senior business leaders and their operational teams (Pharmaceutical Business).
- Lead negotiation and drafting of various contracts including supply, distribution, licensing, clinical trials, employment and non-disclosure agreements and activities around new product launches.
- Proactively assess legal risks to the operations and work with the Legal Director to devise and implement policies and procedures to address and manage those risks including preventative actions, trainings and communications.
- Exercise communication and other skills in order to be able to positively influence our senior leaders to make well considered decisions and achieve compliant success of operations.
- Provide guidance on and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations applicable to the operations including any relevant industry codes.
- If instructed by the Legal Director, support the Legal Director for business development initiatives (e.g. M&A and licensing transactions) including due diligence reviews, negotiation of transaction and drafting/execution of deal documentation.
- Engage and manage outside counsel including providing appropriate budgets for outside counsel and setting ground rules for the operations on when and how to request outside legal services/support.
- Manage all litigation, dispute resolution, and any internal and external investigations related to the business operations assigned by the Legal Director.
- Provide legal input and guidance to our employees on all company policies and procedures including the Code of Business Conduct, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act,
- Corporate Integrity Agreements, Health Care Compliance and Health Care Business Integrity Guide. This includes advising employees on any new policies or required changes to existing policies, creating with the Legal Director appropriate training for employees on such policies.
- As directed by the Legal Director, provide legal counsel and support on legal issues and risk management for any enabling functions including Human Resources, Quality, Government Affairs, Research & Development, Medical Affairs, Supply Chain, Sales, Procurement, Communications, Marketing, Finance and General Affairs.
- Proactively partner and work with other lawyers in other sectors /region/global to drive local alignment with country (cross-sector), regional and global legal best practices and knowledge sharing.
- JD, LLB or equivalent law degree.
- License to practice law in Japan preferred.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and fluent in written and spoken Japanese.
- Minimum 5-10 years PQE - preference will be given to candidates with life sciences experience in multi-national corporations or major law firms.
- Broad corporate experience, ideally advising senior leaders of business units or functions.
- Candidates should also possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Self-starter with strong drive for results & strong sense of ownership but also willing to take direction from various stakeholders.
- Client Oriented - ability to proactively connect and engage with operations to find practical solutions (including alternative solutions, if applicable) and partner with them to implement desired actions and lead compliant success of operations.
- Judgment capability, good consultative skills, and structural thinking process.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across all levels of a matrix organization.
- Superior communication skills and proven ability to counsel senior management on complex legal matters.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-national company and cross-border environment.
- Comfortable working as part of a team and keen to interact with diverse group of people spanning a broad range of business teams and executives within the client organizations.
- Objective thinker who is able to advance ideas and influence others.
- Ability to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner.
- Able to lead by an example and ensure high ethical, legal and compliance standards and be proactive in engaging organization to identify opportunities to enhance ethics and anti-corruption practices and procedures.
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and simplify issues for clients.
- Ability to work innovatively and proactively to support clients.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.