・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Remote ☑Flex time
Technical Lab Manager
- Lead, design, build, and operate lab infrastructure across company and partner data centers
- Install, change and move existing our devices.
- General services as required; including installation of software maintenance updates for all devices and solutions.
- Partner with team members to understand product roadmaps and deliver infrastructure as a service to enable hardware and Software Regression testing
- Regression test in lab for each long term supported release, maintenance or minor releases
- Daily monitoring of system health, important metrics, logs and alarms
- Daily routine maintenance as required
- Complete or coordinate maintenance window activities
- Work within customers and partners maintenance window guidelines
- Application backup for configuration files and monitoring of backup database where applicable
- Handle incident response and problem management for lab infrastructure
- Submitting blocking issue requests into HQ support
- Product inventory management
- Other activities will include:
- Collaborating with the customers and partners to capture requirements and discuss design/test decisions/scope.
- Supervising and participating in the development, testing and deployment of Infrastructure as an appliance, virtual or cloud solution
- Being responsible for and taking active part in the diagnosis and fixing of technical issues within the infrastructure deployment
- Review and approval of all internal and customer facing work associated with an infrastructure solution
- Responsible for change control, ensuring proficient on-budget delivery of assigned projects and tasks
- Should be familiar with "change management "and identify and interpret additional business requirements and drive them to successful implementation
- Candidate shall be required to ensure completion of work within designated timeframe and strict quality control while maintaining high level of customer satisfaction, meeting SLA's and SLO's
- Be able to take ownership and drive both internal and customer issues to satisfactory conclusion. This may involve visiting the customer premises and representing the organization while managing the partner concern.
- Continuously improve and expand our products and solutions portfolio understanding along with keeping an up to date industry knowledge around standard methodologies and latest technological developments
- Collaborate with our internal groups (Customer Success, Product Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Sales ) to continuously improve, innovate and provide timely updates
- Work closely with sales in positioning new features/solutions (upsell) to end customers and actively participate in regression testing and qualifications
- Be able to identify process and tools improvements and pursue corrective actions with effective collaboration and team work
- Experience in a technical product lab setting or operational network environment
- Experience implementation automation in lab environments
Good Experience in :
- Virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM)
- Virtual concepts like: NUMA, SRIOV, PCI-Passthrough, Virtio
- Cloud architecture (OpenStack, AWS, Google cloud, AWS,…), containers and orchestration concepts (kubernetes, swarm) and familiar with tools like Ansible, Docker,Jenkins.
- Experience building lab infrastructure for hardware or software regression testing
- Commanding knowledge of Unix based operating systems such as Linux, FreeBSD etc
- Hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, and/or operation of network equipment such as Cisco, Juniper or other network hardware manufacturers
- Excellent technical background with a demonstrable understanding of networking (specifically IP related technologies)
- Experience in Quality Assurance testing
- Solid grasp of end-to-end network call flows, as well as relevant technologies & protocols (DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, RADIUS, DIAMETER, GRE, SIP, RTP, MGCP, H.323,RTCP)
- Excellent background of packet level debugging using Wireshark, tcpdump, tcpreplay or similar tools
- Good experience in Data communication industry with different operator networks for Wireline (Cable, DSL, FTTH) and/or Wireless (Satellite, Wi-Fi, LTE, GPRS-3G,CDMA-3G, WiMAX, GSM, UMTS,4G and 5G)
- Experience in programming or scripting languages such as Java, C/C++, python, Perl etc
- Experience with SQL databases, network traffic monitoring, or firewall technologies -especially in a Telecom, ISP, or Cable Internet environment
- 8+ years applicable experience
- Fluent in Japanese and business level communication skills in English
10-16 million JPY
Social insurance, Flex, remote
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology