・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑外資系企業 ☑上場企業 ☑フレックス勤務制度 ☑リモートワーク可
Job Description Summary:
The primary role involves stakeholder engagement and alignment with tax authorities and government bodies in the matter of direct corporate tax, indirect tax (Japanese Consumption Tax ("JCT"), Liquor Tax, withholding tax and others, transfer pricing tax and working with different parties on issues of tax policy. The role will also include providing training in order to be proactive from a tax perspective and enhance compliance. The Tax Manager will be the point of contact for local tax authorities, coordinate local tax audits and work with external tax advisors on tax related matters.
The Tax Manager will also work closely with the Corporate Tax department to provide thought leadership for effective and efficient tax management for the Japan & Korea Operating Unit(OU).
The Tax Manager will also support reporting and tax obligations for several joint ventures in Japan and investments in subsidiaries outside of Japan. This position acts as an advisory role in managing the OU's tax environment on a daily basis in close cooperation with the Financial Services organization, Corporate Tax Senior Tax Counsel and tax advisors within the region. This includes developing clear and aligned tax strategies, tax policies, tax process management and tax governance including accounting. The Tax Manager will work with the business as a partner in providing clear and relevant business focused advice across different aspects of tax including tax strategy planning, M&A and new business advisory from a tax perspective.
- 5-10 years' experience in Tax compliance and oversight in Japan, including preparation of Income Tax and Indirect Tax Returns and handling of Transfer Pricing/APA negotiations, experience in mergers & acquisitions and development of operating models, experience in managing tax audits, experience managing outside tax consultants efficiently and effectively to deliver local tax advice on transactions.
- Working knowledge of Indirect Taxes, Withholding Taxes, Stamp Duty, M&A taxes.
- Accounting knowledge, project management.
- Strong communication and capability to interact as a business leader in the OU.
- Experience in working with virtual teams.
- Compulsory that candidate has a University degree in Finance, Tax or related and is a registered qualified professional accountant (CA, CPA or equivalent)
Seniority Level: Mid Senior Level
Job Function: Accounting / Auditing