- Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
- Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required
Regional Procurement Director
Global Chemical Company
This is an incredibly unique opportunity to join a growing, established business. You will discover a truly global culture, highly dedicated and motivated colleagues, a cooperative work environment and impactful career development opportunities.
The Procurement Director, Japan leads a team that covers procurement, supply chain management and logistics for Operations within the assigned region. Core activities of this role include procurement of raw material, supply chain management, and global trading that includes import/export compliance.
This role manages local resources in a global operation group, establishing team priorities that are aligned with enterprise strategies and maintaining high-quality deliverables for critical business functions. Regional team works closely with the global Procurement team to drive projects, provide support, and manage change across the company. This position has dual reporting lines. Solid line report to GM Japan and dotted line report to VP, Global Operation in USA. Working location of this position is Tokyo Japan.
- Mentor and develop staff of direct reports
- Planning and coordinating team activities
- Manage proper documentation of policies and procedures
- Manage budgets and spends in the region
- Build up Procurement strategy (in Asia)
- Supplier selection
- Contract negotiation and agreements with suppliers and contractors
- Dual sourcing strategy and actions for key components
- Define material specifications
- Supplier scorecards and supplier audit
Supply Chain Management
- Managing production and delivery through coordination of production and logistic partners
- Secure product delivery along with cost management
- Actions against unexpected delivery problems
- Continuous improvement in manufacturing efficiency, quality control, cost management, and lead time management
- Compliance with import/export regulations for global trade
- Lead logistics for the Operations team - managing inventory, fulfilling orders, and shipping packages
- 7+ years of experience working in procurement field
- 5+ years of experience in managing procurement team in a global organization
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Ability to lead and develop professional staff of direct reports
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Superior customer service skills
- Experience in manufacturing preferred
- SAP (S/4 HANA) experience preferred
12 ~ 17 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday, and more.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level/Director
Job Function: Supply Chain, Purchasing