- Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
- Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
We are recruiting for an Operations Director to lead our Tokyo office. You'll be managing the entire operations team composed of frontend and backend teams. We will also help you to grow the operations team to build a localized production line of receiving, encapsulating, and shipping products. As the first operations leader in the office, you will have the opportunity to build a new team from the ground up!
As the Operations leader, reporting to the VP of Operations and working closely with the Business Director, Asia,. You'll have opportunities to build different sub-teams which will contribute to the overall operation ecosystem and share ideas with the head office to expand and improve the production efficiency.
- Establish team member responsibilities to meet daily business demands and productivity targets
- Supervise and train the operations team to optimize quality and productivity for a high growth environment
- Ensure accurate and on-time fulfillment and shipment of customer orders
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives
- Mentor, train, and develop team members for career progression, performance improvement, and recognition purposes
- Manage raw materials procurement and inventory levels
- Monitor and support online submissions
- Develop, implement, and maintain standard operating procedures
- Provide reporting on daily, weekly and monthly key performance indicators (KPI)
- Maintain accurate inventory through proper inventory management and cycle count procedures
- Establish and manage an operations budget
- Work cross functionally with all departments to identify, develop and execute on process improvements
- Leading and developing a team
- Responsible for daily work order fulfillment in accordance with planned schedule; investigating any orders that missed target dates and taking immediate corrective action to meet production schedule
- Work closely with Sales, Customer Service, and CRC in relaying job status and providing project timelines/schedules updates
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and support to your direct reports so they can grow and develop within our organization.
- Drive workflow development and proactively seek out opportunities to improve existing processes for scale.
- Cascade announcements and changes from the Head Office to the team members
- Work as an operation liaison between the Head Office and the Tokyo Office
- Create and update Operational Procedure Manual
- You have 7+ years of management experience in a warehouse operation, manufacturing, production, or distribution environment
- 4+ years in a people leadership role
- Bachelor's Degree a plus
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Willing to take feedback, learn and grow; an ethos of continuous self-improvement
- Demonstrated experience with effectively delegating and managing time
- Clear evidence of track record in setting and communicating clear expectations and measuring performance results
- Native fluency in Japanese
- Business level fluency in English
- Good understanding of different nuances between US and Japanese corporate cultures.
- Leading by example but also showing empathy, sensitivity, and compassion to team members and colleagues outside his/her department.
- Able to pivot when necessary and adapt to the new situation to resolve the issue.
- Willing to get his/her hands dirty and take on every aspect of the responsibilities.
Seniority Level： Mid Senior Level: Production, Management